Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog

pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog

And that dog is just standing there!

(I wonder where it was taped...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:40 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?

that's hilarious ! what on earth was it doing ? what a crazy fox ! and wow, those animals are really beautiful !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
The question that always comes to my mind when I watch these kinds of videos on youtube, etc. is how do people have their video equipment ready to catch these moments!?? For me, it always seems like a great moment happens and then I think, "Wow, I wish I had gotten that on camera!"
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I believe that the fox was a rescued as a cub and 'adopted' by the dog. So it was just playing with a very tolerant 'mum'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

that's hilarious ! what on earth was it doing ? what a crazy fox ! and wow, those animals are really beautiful !
Old 08-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I believe that the fox was a rescued as a cub and 'adopted' by the dog. So it was just playing with a very tolerant 'mum'.
yes, after i posted that i clicked through to youtube and found more videos, including this one with the 2 baby foxes, which is almost unbearably cute (and funny).

Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
The question that always comes to my mind when I watch these kinds of videos on youtube, etc. is how do people have their video equipment ready to catch these moments!?? For me, it always seems like a great moment happens and then I think, "Wow, I wish I had gotten that on camera!"
i know !! me too. sometimes even if i have my camera ready i still miss the photo. last night i was having a drink with a friend on a café terrasse and a funny "touk touk" (rickshaw ?) taxi came up the street. we already saw it before on that same street so when he noticed it he pointed it out to me and i got my camera out to take a photo, but even so because of the delay with digital cameras only the very back of it is on the edge of my photo. so frustrating.

the touk touk was something like this one :

Old 08-03-2009, 08:27 AM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
ABCDEFGHIKJLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Quote:
The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.
Ok, that sentence is a typing excercise that uses all the letters of the alphabet and you found a video to match.

How do you play *this* game? Type a sentence using all the letters of the alphabet and try to find a video to match?

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
How do you play *this* game? Type a sentence using all the letters of the alphabet and try to find a video to match?
If anyone can find one for

"Sphinx of Black Quartz, judge my vow."

I'll be very impressed!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #10
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
i know !! me too. sometimes even if i have my camera ready i still miss the photo. last night i was having a drink with a friend on a café terrasse and a funny "touk touk" (rickshaw ?) taxi came up the street. we already saw it before on that same street so when he noticed it he pointed it out to me and i got my camera out to take a photo, but even so because of the delay with digital cameras only the very back of it is on the edge of my photo. so frustrating.

the touk touk was something like this one :

I will admit that I am not the best (probably more like the worst ) photographer in the world. When we used to use those old instamatic cameras (remember the ones with 110 film), my pictures would generally look like I had a nervous condition. Now with the new digital cameras, the pictures don't look shaky and are very crisp, but because of the delay, I get the subject moving away from the camera. I have a lot of pictures of my dogs' rear-ends! Thankfully, the kids know to hold a pose long enough for mom to get the shot (although there's usually a lot of grumbling going on, too.)
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

curse you, pdurrant !! i'm going to spend the entire afternoon watching videos of foxes on youtube and it's all your fault !

(hey, those guys live in audeloncourt, france, it's not that far from me, maybe i could go visit them and meet the foxes...)

Quote:

I'll be very impressed!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

speaking of jumping foxes :

kaz, i know what you mean about having a lot of photos of your dogs' rear ends... i've got the same ones, of my cats... (stupid digital cameras !)
Old 08-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #13
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:

I'll be very impressed!
How's this one?

Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:04 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
curse you, pdurrant !! i'm going to spend the entire afternoon watching videos of foxes on youtube and it's all your fault !

(hey, those guys live in audeloncourt, france, it's not that far from me, maybe i could go visit them and meet the foxes...)
And they are Dutch...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
How's this one?
well that's random !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
And they are Dutch...
how do you know that ? i thought the one guy was korean (i saw him in one of the videos, and several of them have titles translated in korean too).