Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-13-2017, 10:05 PM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Questions for those who own iPad Pro 12.9 inch

With the iPad Pro 12.9", can you read any magazine or any pdf document comfortably without zooming and panning whatsoever?

Can you hold it with both hands for extended period of time without getting tired?

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 01-13-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:25 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I have the 9.7 instead of its big sibling, but even with its smaller screen I can easily read the This Old House magazine on it without needing to zoom. But it is viewed through its own app rather than via a PDF. Every PDF is different, and magazines will vary as well. I'm 59 so my eyes are not that good anymore, so being able to read fine print without zooming is a rare thing, but so far so good.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:11 PM   #3
Geosprouter
Geosprouter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Geosprouter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Geosprouter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Geosprouter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ipad Air 2
I have the 12.9 and it is perfect, I mean perfect for reading pdf files. I use bluefire reader, text size is great and it fits well on the screen.
Geosprouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosprouter View Post
I have the 12.9 and it is perfect, I mean perfect for reading pdf files. I use bluefire reader, text size is great and it fits well on the screen.
I agree with Geosprouter. I have one and it's great for reading PDF magazines. It's my primary reading platform, and I rarely have any issues with fatigue. There are a number of stands available if you are concerned about that. I read magazines in Zinio, plus various PDF's in Goodreader.

Last edited by pwalker8; 01-15-2017 at 09:28 AM.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #5
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
I was surprised how comfortable the 12.9 is for magazine reading in landscape mode. I read 2 pages at a time (Zinio / RB Digital). I have a very large library of PDFs that I scanned and use on my iPad. I use PDF Expert and it works great. Read 5 books in 5 tabs at a time. Amazing device, a dream come true since 2000 when I got an Compaq Ipaq.
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote