Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #1
drcjsnider
drcjsnider began at the beginning.

Device: none
Stanza Old School Problems

Lo all,

I am still using Stanza for a reader on my apple iphone. After the last OSS update, however, it started acting weird. Now instead of advancing just a page when I swipe right it advances an entire chapter. Any clue about what is going on? Anyone else still using Stanza and experience this problem?

-- Christy
drcjsnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:15 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't believe Stanza is being supported any longer, so not too surprising that problems should arise with a major new iOS release. I'd suggest switching to a different reading app; there are two or three which are at least as good, if not better, than Stanza. See this thread for recommendations.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:21 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcjsnider View Post
Lo all,

I am still using Stanza for a reader on my apple iphone. After the last OSS update, however, it started acting weird. Now instead of advancing just a page when I swipe right it advances an entire chapter. Any clue about what is going on? Anyone else still using Stanza and experience this problem?

-- Christy
Wow, I think the last Stanza update was issued in 2011 (five years ago) for iOS 5 (five iOS upgrades ago)! I would simply move on to another app as Stanza is long dead and you are watching it slowly decompose.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:42 PM   #4
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
I'm a long-time Stanza fan. Up until last month, I was not quite satisfied with the alternatives (Marvin, BookMaster/MapleRead, Bluefire Reader), but after trying Hyphen 1.2, I have finally let go of Stanza
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:35 AM   #5
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
FWIW its still working fine here on my 4S and 5S (on 9.3.5). Oh, except for some setting stuff that got killed off at iOS5 or 6 (not all, as in 5, but just some)

Last edited by kyteflyer; 11-16-2016 at 02:34 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Further to my last post, noting that now I have upgraded to iOS10x, I am getting the same thing. Still working on 4S
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote