Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-14-2015, 05:16 PM   #1
elito
elito began at the beginning.

Device: android tabket with kindke
Problem sending to Kindle app in Android tablet

I am a new member so pls excuse me if I posted on the wrong forum. I could not determine if this belongs to the android forum or the kindle forum.
My problem is as follows.
I use Calibre to manage my books and Kindle as my reading app in an Android tablet. i send my books to the tablet through a USB connection.
I cannot determine what happened but since a couple of months ago, whenever I send books to my device with Calibre, they dont appear in my Kindle app. I can manually see afterwards that they have been sent to a different folder which Kindle apparently does not scan to determine where the books are.
Any ideas ? I can set the folder where the books will be sent in Calibre, but this Calibre feature does not support subfolders, so I cannot reach sdcard\android\data\com.amazon.kindle\files
Appreciate any help. Thanks.
elito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:25 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Are you able to send to sdcard/kindle/ ? Kindle for Android should scan that directory.

Failing that have you considered using Calibre Companion to transfer your books via wi-fi and/or calibre content server?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:07 PM   #3
elito

When I connect my tablet to my notebook and use File Explorer I dont see any Kindle folder under Internal Storage, but when I look through ES File Explorer in the tablet there is a Kindle folder under sdcard.
When I try to configure the device in Calibre and set the folders that will receive the dend to device files, the folders I am offered are the same that File Explorer shows me.
How can I send to a folder that win 8.1 does not see ? Why is it that it is not seen ?
My Tablet is a Nexus 7 running Android 5.02
My notebook is a Dell XPS15 running Windows 8.1
Calibre version is 2.24
Thanks
Old 04-14-2015, 07:21 PM   #4
elito

Problem solved !!! Calibre was sending the files to a Books folder in my tablet. I copied one of the sent files to the android\data\com.amazon.kindle\files folder to verify that the Kindle app was working correctly. This worked and Kindle showed me the sent file.
After doing this, I was able (and I was not able to do so before) to set in Calibre the scanned directories and in the destination directories.
Everything is working fine. Thanks.