Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #241
lisq1
lisq1 began at the beginning.

Device: lbook v3+, Onyx I62, K4NT
I would like to get the output as the duokan. Party ends up in one sentence, and the second starts a new one. Dissipate me repeated sentence
lisq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #242
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisq1 View Post
I would like to get the output as the duokan. Party ends up in one sentence, and the second starts a new one. Dissipate me repeated sentence
This project, unlike Duokan, is open source - clone the repo and devise a patch.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #243
mc711
mc711 began at the beginning.

Device: k4nt
so i tried something crazy and decided to "update" the "old" k2pdfopt library file in librerator by overwriting it with the library file from nightly build of KPV, and i must say pdfreflow is MUCH faster in rendering. it used to take a while to render the next page but now i can zip through many pages. i also took a risk in overwriting the other library files. overall, librerator seems much smoother imo. is this bad? cuz it feels good :P
mc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #244
BrunoReX
BrunoReX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771 View Post
I'm sorry to say that there isn't a way to automatically rotate the picture if the picture width is larger than its height. On K3, rotation 90 degrees and back is only one key (j or k, depending what direction you want), so I never needed it to do it automatically.

Although it's not as easy as on K3, on K4 you can use ScreenKB - Menu to go directly to Zoom & Rotate menu. And since menues remember last option used, it shouldn't be all that troublesome to use on K4 too, although admitedly not as comfortable as on K3.

Modifying the code to do it automatically also shouldn't be all that difficult, but I don't have much time these days. If you can't do it yourself, maybe some of the other readers can help you.

Regards,
Kai
I thought about modifying the the code, but when I checked it out to take a look, I honestly didn't know where in the code I would need to change to accomplish that.
Anyway, I can throw something together to rotate the images for me before I copy them to Kindle without much trouble, so don't worry.
BrunoReX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:51 AM   #245
severus
severus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I installed duokan on my kindle dxg before I came across Librerator. Should I remove duokan or will librerator run alongside duokan in peaceful coexistence?
severus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #246
kosik7910
kosik7910 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Hi everyone. May anyone tell me to which catalog I should extract attached files? I'm extracting them to ''extentions''. Thats my first post so be gentle for my stupidity pls:P

trouble has been resolved - i extracted librerator R2 to main folder and Librerator KUAL to extensions folder Everything is ok

Last edited by kosik7910; 08-01-2013 at 08:27 AM.
kosik7910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #247
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosik7910 View Post
Hi everyone. May anyone tell me to which catalog I should extract attached files? I'm extracting them to ''extentions''. Thats my first post so be gentle for my stupidity pls:P
You lucked out, nobody was in a hurry to beat up on the new member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosik7910 View Post
trouble has been resolved - i extracted librerator R2 to main folder and Librerator KUAL to extensions folder Everything is ok
Super!

All of the authors here try their best to write good directions.
Although a new user can become confused by even the best directions.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #248
kosik7910
kosik7910 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
I've got another question: Is there a posibility to rotate screen in .doc files? Because when i try to do this, kindle shows communicate - ''not supported for this doc type''. In original kindle we can rotate screen in all availables format, can't we? Maybe I missed something...

I hope it is the right thread to ask that question
kosik7910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #249
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@kosik7910

Sorry, Librerator supports screen rotation for only PDFReader and DJVUReader formats.

Regards,
Kai771
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #250
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast
Jedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Hi, I just got Kindle DXG and need it to read math texts in pdf. The native viewer's controls are rather disappointing, so I would like to make sure that I understand the original post about installing Liberator correctly.

Jailbreak and Launchpad are installed by copying bin files into whatever Windows shows as the root on the kindle and then doing Menu>Settings>Menu
>Update.

Liberator is installed by creating a new folder called "customupdates" in whatever Windows shows as the root, copying a zip file into it, and quickly pressing some buttons. Is this correct? The sentence "create a folder "customupdates" on the exported Kindle drive" sounds cryptic to me. What does "exported" mean?

Also, will I be able to read fb2, epub or mobi files with foreign characters after installing Liberator?

Thank you.
Jedidiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #251
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Really? Is that the instructions?

Sounds more like something you would do for Launchpad? or something... You sure about that?
I don't recall doing any of that.

Maybe I'm wrong but....
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #252
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ah right...

I used kual.

way easier.

Quote:
Instructions for KUAL

Install KUAL.

download librerator-R2.zip attached to this post and extract its contents to your Kindle's flash root

download librerator_kual.zip attached to this post and extract its contents to your Kindle's flash root
Run it.

If you want to do it the other way that is fine also. I believe the customupdate thing is built into Launchpad IIRC. so read up on that for more details as to "why", basically Launchpad has a way of installing things from Zip files. (which I never ever used)

Last edited by twobob; 08-09-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #253
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Really? Is that the instructions?

Sounds more like something you would do for Launchpad? or something... You sure about that?
I don't recall doing any of that.

Maybe I'm wrong but....
Ah, come on now, could someone who has been a member here for a few whole minutes be mistaken?

Author now goes off to find his bottle of mood pills ...
Old 08-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #254
twobob

Heh. I thought I was being helpful.

History will judge me.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:25 AM   #255
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedidiyah View Post
Liberator is installed by creating a new folder called "customupdates" in whatever Windows shows as the root, copying a zip file into it, and quickly pressing some buttons. Is this correct? The sentence "create a folder "customupdates" on the exported Kindle drive" sounds cryptic to me. What does "exported" mean?
It's exactly as you wrote. I'll try to explain about "exported kindle drive". Kindle uses Linux file system internally. But, not all of the filesystem is available when you simply connect it to a windows box, but only a part of it. That part that you can see is "exported kindle drive". I hope this makes more sense to you.

As far as I remember, customupdates folder should be made automatically after installing launchpad, but if that's not the case, you can create it manually.

Having customupdates is just a matter of convenience. It simply allows you to use Shift-Shift-I combination to unpack whatever zip archive is in that folder. You can also unpack it manually if you want, and put Librerator folder from the archive on whatever windows shows as root. In that case, you'll also need to copy files from Launchpad folder from the archive to the Launchpad folder on your kindle manually, and then press Shift-Shift-Space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedidiyah View Post
Also, will I be able to read fb2, epub or mobi files with foreign characters after installing Liberator?
Yes, you will be able. Depending on the language, you might need to change the default font to see all of the characters.

As @twobob suggested, you can also use KUAL to start Librerator. I find it more convenient to use Launchpad on my K3 (and take advantage of all those buttons ), but different people have different preferences .

Regards,
Kai
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, epub, fb2, pdf, reader