Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #301
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Genius.

must remember that capitalisation trick
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #302
jamd1
jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle touch
Silver18.
Thank´s!!.. you do a great work.... I will hope the new version of Komic for testing on my kindle. greetings from Colombia
jamd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #303
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I just closed my browser after about 30min of editing the first post to realease v2.1!!!
I will edit it asap (tomorrow probably...)!
DAMN ME!!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #304
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

V2.1 is out!!

Check the first post for download link and for the huge changelog.
Please read the entire post as I tried to explain many things and features.

If you manage to use the auto-update feature provided with the 2.0 version, please let me know!!

As always, feedbacks are more than welcome!

Spoiler:

As regards the (few) PMs with donate requests, I have not yet done anything!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #305
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the big patch, I love the new features, especially the background color.

Some do not work well though.

- Update from 2.0 to 2.1 does not seem to work, I could not open folder and do almost everything. I had to uninstall 2.0 and fresh install 2.1.
- I don't understand the cover view mode, what is the picture of the folder it will take to make it my cover? The first picture? All I have is a blank frame (I have 1 folder)
- I don't know how to use the new contrast/brightness option too. After I changed contrast of the image, turned page and it backed to normal. It still remembered the contrast value.

And I hope you can place the contrast option higher, in landscape mode I have to scroll 2 times to get to it
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #306
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilogis View Post
Thanks for the big patch, I love the new features, especially the background color.

Some do not work well though.

- Update from 2.0 to 2.1 does not seem to work, I could not open folder and do almost everything. I had to uninstall 2.0 and fresh install 2.1.
- I don't understand the cover view mode, what is the picture of the folder it will take to make it my cover? The first picture? All I have is a blank frame (I have 1 folder)
- I don't know how to use the new contrast/brightness option too. After I changed contrast of the image, turned page and it backed to normal. It still remembered the contrast value.

And I hope you can place the contrast option higher, in landscape mode I have to scroll 2 times to get to it
I will investigate deeper (I'm not at home now!)
Anyway here are some info:

1) did you use the auto update feature or did you use the standard mode (bin in /mnt/us)?

2) cover view makes the thumbnails out of the first image of every folder which is supposed to be the cover of a comic.
As you have only 1 folder inside Gallery, you should only see one cover.
Anyway, try this:
- disable and then enable the cover view mode in options
- close and restart Komic
I added some debug info in the start up process, so if cover view is working, you should see this on the screen:
- GATHERING INFORMATION...
- COUNTING PAGES...
- CREATING THUMBNAILS...
The last message should be visible for the time needed to create thumbnails. If cover view is disabled from the option menu, you should see:
- COVER VIEW DISABLED...

3) Contrast/brightness are automatically set to every page ONLY if you press confirm before closing the box. Please read the linked page in the first post for more information.
The box, anyway, should be visible in the same position every time! It doesn't depend on the position on the page but on the actually displayed page!

So, summing up, I didn't ever have any of those problems! And, moreover, I think they are all related to a problem during the update process...
It could be really helpful if you tell me how you installed Komic so that I can reproduce it!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #307
Ilogis
Enthusiast

1 - I updated and uninstalled using the bin files.

I encounterd the strange bug (like when I updated from 2.0 to 2.1) again after some option changes to test, I coundn't choose folder, it stuck at this screen:

I had to reinstall Komic.

2 - It still has problem

I saw all those:

- GATHERING INFORMATION...
- COUNTING PAGES...
- CREATING THUMBNAILS...

But all I see in cover view is:

3 - Yeah, I pressed confirm then I pressed header to close the box, still no luck , only the first picture has new contrast value applied.

I use font hack and patch of ixtab, do they possibly conflict with your app?

Last edited by Ilogis; 12-03-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #308
Ilogis
Enthusiast

Ok, I figured it out.

ALL of those problems are with Png files, when I use Jpg, it works like your intent.

Now I only have to convert files to Jpg, really simple so fixing them is not important at all but you should include a note.

Thanks for helping and the app. I think I don't need anymore feature now

Last edited by Ilogis; 12-03-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #309
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
I think I don't need anymore feature now
even a fix for png files?

thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #310
silver18
THE NOOB

The point is: everything should work also for PNG as it does in my kindle!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #311
silver18
THE NOOB

I tried a little bit to understand these problems...
1) I can't replicate the update error. I even tried the auto update feature and everything worked fine!

2) as regards the cover view, this is the situation with png files: they are correctly displayed in the cover view page as thumbnails. The problem occurs when tapping on a png cover: you'll get a question mark instead of the zoommed image. This is my fault as I use the 0.jpg image (better quality than the thumbnail) but I didn't think about png!
I will easily solve this tomorrow!!
If you still can't see any png image even displayed as thumbnail, this could be related to a bad png file. I use imagemagick (provided with the kindle itself) to create thumbnails: it is really "choosy" with image extensions. It won't work if you just rename a jpg to png. Anyway, I didn't ever have any problem with real png both from comics and from google!
To check if this is your case, you can easily browse to your comic folder and look for two images named "previewlandscape.jpg" and "previewportrait.jpg"!
If you can't find them (even if the cover view is ON and you restarted Komic), then the problems are the images themselves!

3) finally, I created a new folder made of some png and then a mix of png and jpg (everything choosed randomly from google). I changed both contrast and brightness and then played around with next/previous/jump.
I didn't get any problem: settings are applied as soon as the image loads!

PS
The scroll box is in the right place (on the bottom of the screen regardless to where you are in the page!).

Note that I tried everything above both in portrait and in landscape mode!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #312
Ilogis
Enthusiast

1 - I think update has no problem, the problem is Komic cannot work well with my png files. I tested with some pngs from internet and they work but my pngs are created by Mokle and Xnconvert, they should be "legit". And I have "previewlandscape.jpg" and "previewportrait.jpg" in my png folder.

2 - I encountered a more serious problem. Whenever my Gallery folder contain 2 or more folders (even with jpg only). I cannot open them the normal way, stuck at this same screen. I reinstalled Komic a few times, still cannot avoid the bug.

I can open them with cover view, the folder with png files still has no thumbnail but I can open it.

3 - Contrast still does not work with my png, I could not test with pngs from internet because whenever I copied them to my folder, the confirm button went missing (yea, another new problem -_-)

An example of my gallery have all those problems.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18981569/Gallery.rar

Last edited by Ilogis; 12-03-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #313
Ilogis
Enthusiast

double post.....
Old 12-04-2012, 04:27 AM   #314
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
double post.....
Hokay.... Complete guess but you describe a variety of problems.

Sounds to me like the various routes you are travelling may all have the same issue. The pngs are not formed in the way image magick expects.

This is really an issue between your pictures and imagemagick as amending the way that operates is probably outside the scope of supporting Komik's normal operation.

Also do the bugs above happen if you use "normal" images, i.e confirm button missing, folders hanging, etc etc - or do they all only exhibit with your custom images? It could be that it just so happens that some imagemagick code preceeds each of these area. Silver would know better. Or the source code.

If it were me I would grab a working image, one I made, and side by side them. see what is wrong with mine.

HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #315
silver18
THE NOOB

I can't try with your image as I can't download gallery.rar (the connection I'm using now is a PITA!! 42 minutes for 4,7MB).
I solved the problem regarding the missing zoommed preview in cover view (i.e: with png, you can see the thumbnail but if you tap on it you don't see the real cover).
This was my fault!!

1) As regard the imagemagick part, I tried a new option in the conversion from png to jpg. This helped me trimming down a part of the code that **may** produce a bug.
Anyway, I must say that if this is a real bug, it would affect ONLY the cover view.
This is because I use the thumbnails created by imagemagick ONLY in cover view.

2) I really don't understand this bug...I have 12 folders in Gallery (and I reached 24 some days ago) and it still works fine!
Do you have this problem even if you change the folder name (with something plain enough like comic1 comic2)?

3) I can't still reproduce the problem with the contrast/brightness box.
It seems something related to the localization: you're missing all the strings in that box....
Can you please tell me which framework language do you have?
Can you see other strings in Komic (in options menu, in reading menu....)??
I tried every single available language and it worked fine every time (english and italian are provided, for the rest of the languages Komic uses a fallback language i.e english).

I will investigate these bugs as soon as I manage to download your gallery.rar!!
In the meanwhile, could you please include in that rar also:
- array.js, folders.js, variables.js from /extensions/komic/bin/resource/Javascripts
- file__0.localstorage from /extensions/komic/bin/resource/LocalStorage
- all the Logs folder from /extensions/komic/bin/resource
They could be useful to understand the problem!

ANYWAY, more than 40 downloads and still only Ilogis is helping me.
I would like, if I may, to remember that even writing "it's all OK" could be helpful to me as I can understand if those bugs are related to this realease or only to some file/configuration.

Tags
launcher add-ons