Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #196
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrozzi View Post
Obsessed2 ....can you help?
I made it thru the registration with the help of your video/directions. Thanks you much. I tried to turn my edge on today & it cant make it past the initializing screen w/o freezing. I re-set it, I let the battery wear down, recharged it... nothing is working. ideas?

The fact that it is at least initializing is encouraging. If the suggestions provided by Filark don't work you may have to flash the PE back to Dingo 1.13 and see if that helps. This is a complete reformat of the Pocket Edge and all user data and configurations will be deleted. Hope all turns out well.

Last edited by obsessed2; 12-30-2011 at 11:45 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #197
Agentbolt
Agentbolt began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
edit: wrong thread!

Last edited by Agentbolt; 01-03-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Agentbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #198
forkliftrepair
forkliftrepair began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
hi.

wonder if you guys could help me out? I am a new pocket edge owner installing 2.2 update . I have down loaded it on my pc and then moved it over to a sd naming it update.zip.I took the sd and putting it in my edge . turned the power switch on and holding menu and rotate buttons. my problem is the unit still boots up like the sd is not there .

Is this what it will do if it dont like the sd card?
forkliftrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #199
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkliftrepair View Post
hi.

wonder if you guys could help me out? I am a new pocket edge owner installing 2.2 update . I have down loaded it on my pc and then moved it over to a sd naming it update.zip.I took the sd and putting it in my edge . turned the power switch on and holding menu and rotate buttons. my problem is the unit still boots up like the sd is not there .

Is this what it will do if it dont like the sd card?

If you renamed it update.zip, Windows by default will add the file extension association and you end up with update.zip.zip. Try renaming it update. With the SD card inserted turn on the Edge without trying to update to make sure you don't get an SD card damaged error which indicates it needs reformatting. If so, Also, Quick Format the SD Card FAT32 and copy the update.zip file to the SD card before using in the Edge.

When powering up, only hold the MENU and ROTATE buttons for about 10 seconds, not 2 minutes. After about 2 minutes the update splash screen should appear. The procedure works with a USB drive which you may want to try if the SD card method fails.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #200
FbrTech07
FbrTech07 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage eDge
Can anyone tell me how to clear browser histtory?
FbrTech07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:06 AM   #201
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
In the native browser tap on the bookmarks icon (banner with a star on it). You will see 3 tabs along the top of the page. Tap on History, then hit the menu key and you will see an option to clear history.

This assumes you are running Ermine and using the stock browser. Other browsers and Dingo might be different.

Welcome to (your first post on) the enTourage MobileRead forum!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #202
Chevalier529
Chevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enough

Device: EnTourage Edge Pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by FbrTech07 View Post
Can anyone tell me how to clear browser histtory?
If you are still using Dingo and want to ever clear individual bookmarks, just place and press two thumbs simultaneously on the bookmark you want removed and that option will present.
Chevalier529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #203
Chevalier529
Chevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enough

Obsessed2,
I'm having trouble getting my PE to splash update. There's no dbl zip ext or looping. I'm trying to get my PE upgraded from Dingo using Pablob's Golden Ermine. Any thoughts? I'ved used both USB and card twice. It just starts like usual ignoring my device with it's update.zip.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #204
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
First thing Chevalier529, have you unzipped Pablob's zip file and read the instructions therein? If you haven't then there is no way you are going to update by just renaming the file.

Next thing, be aware that not all USB sticks are created equal - some will work as boot media and some will not. If one does not work, try another.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #205
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier529 View Post
Obsessed2,
I'm having trouble getting my PE to splash update. There's no dbl zip ext or looping. I'm trying to get my PE upgraded from Dingo using Pablob's Golden Ermine. Any thoughts? I'ved used both USB and card twice. It just starts like usual ignoring my device with it's update.zip.
The ZIP file has the update file and instructions. Unzip it first, and double check the instructions. (http://edge.ympsa.com/)

Make sure the PE recognizes the USB or SD Card by plugging it into the Edge before attempting the upgrade. A lot of users report a smaller USB drive often helps. Other users have reported trying multiple storage drives before an update works. The SD card sometimes will be reported as "damaged" by the PE so just make sure this isn't the case. Also, make sure you only hold the MENU and ROTATE buttons for about 10 seconds when turning on the PE and then let go.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:48 AM   #206
Chevalier529

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
First thing Chevalier529, have you unzipped Pablob's zip file and read the instructions therein? If you haven't then there is no way you are going to update by just renaming the file.

Next thing, be aware that not all USB sticks are created equal - some will work as boot media and some will not. If one does not work, try another.
Ivanjt,
THANKYOU for your help. Indeed not all sticks are created equal. But then I went back to one of my 2Gers that didn't work first time around but decided to play this time. Nothing done differently. So next I move up to Allmine and have it all but know now what may to expect.

My thnx goes out to Obsessed2 as well. Don't. Think for a minute that I do not recognize your input and ready assistance! I knew I could count on all of you! I am in your debt. My regards, Chevalier.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #207
dustishian86
dustishian86 is on a distinguished road

Device: pocket edge
When I try to access these forum on my PE's browser, it always freezes up. What can I do?
dustishian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #208
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustishian86 View Post
When I try to access these forum on my PE's browser, it always freezes up. What can I do?

I haven't had a problem with the stock browser on the PE, even on Mobileread. However, a few suggestions:

Turn off Java script in the browser settings and see if that helps. Access Settings by pressing the MENU button on the LCD with the browser open.

Try another browser. There are several excellent browsers on the first post of this thread which may find work better than the stock browser. Opera Mini and Dolphin Mini are two of the best IMO.

Good luck.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #209
asnider123
Connoisseur
asnider123 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Golden-Allmine-Ermine-rc3
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Try another browser. There are several excellent browsers on the first post of this thread which may find work better than the stock browser. Opera Mini and Dolphin Mini are two of the best IMO.

Good luck.
I agree, Opera Mini is very good, I just haven't learned all the tricks yet.
asnider123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #210
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Opera Mini and Dolphin Mini are two of the best IMO...
I gave Opera Mini another go and it does not exhibit the crashing the stock browser has.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote