Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
Unhappy 2nd edition can't connect to IDS, where to get firmware upgrade?

Hi!

I've got an old iLiad 2nd edition, and it was kind of behaving strangely and also I wanted to get the developer package to be able to install additional software referenced all over here.

Now it couldn't connect properly to IDS, so I decided to upgrade it to the latest firmware. I have downloaded cf-card-contents.zip and re-flashed it, but it turns out that it contained firmware 2.10 (I had 2.11 originally).

It didn't help and I still can't connect to IDS. Does anyone know if the servers are still alive? Maybe some pointers to latest firmware at least, as far as I understood that was 2.12.

It's kind of sad to not to be able to connect to IDS to obtain ssh and even more sad to downgrade the firmware without any benefit...

Thanks.
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaytsev View Post
Hi!

I've got an old iLiad 2nd edition, and it was kind of behaving strangely and also I wanted to get the developer package to be able to install additional software referenced all over here.

Now it couldn't connect properly to IDS, so I decided to upgrade it to the latest firmware. I have downloaded cf-card-contents.zip and re-flashed it, but it turns out that it contained firmware 2.10 (I had 2.11 originally).

It didn't help and I still can't connect to IDS. Does anyone know if the servers are still alive? Maybe some pointers to latest firmware at least, as far as I understood that was 2.12.

It's kind of sad to not to be able to connect to IDS to obtain ssh and even more sad to downgrade the firmware without any benefit...

Thanks.
You're not the first one I've heard having this issue lately. I wonder if IDS is offline?

As far as I know, the last cf-card-contents.zip they released was for 2.10. The only way to upgrade past that is via IDS.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:22 AM   #3
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
Thanks for the confirmation! So IDS *is* down now.

I have found a way to reflash to the (allegedly) 2.12.1-based iLiadOS image and enable ssh through dropbear. I guess that's the only avenue so far... See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=30878&page=10 for the referece.
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation! So IDS *is* down now.
Seems to be. I tried it a few days ago and couldn't connect either.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
I have found a way to reflash to the (allegedly) 2.12.1-based iLiadOS image and enable ssh through dropbear. I guess that's the only avenue so far... See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=30878&page=10 for the referece.
Where did you get the image from? I only did a quick check, but didn't see any images on the iLiadOS site, just source code.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
mac
Enthusiast
mac began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
maybe here

http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...iLIadOS/beta2/
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard

Thanks!