Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
linnx88
Enthusiast
linnx88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Updated to Duokan Lite 1014.1225, launchpad stopped working! Help!

Hello,

I have updated my Kindle 3 3.3's Duokan Lite to version 1014.1225. Duokan works, but now my launchpad app doesn't launch Duokan anymore from Kindle OS.

I used to press Shift+D+S and would boot straight to Duokan.

Now I press that and get the usual Success! message, but Duokan never boots.

Does anyone else have this problem?
linnx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by linnx88 View Post
Hello,

I have updated my Kindle 3 3.3's Duokan Lite to version 1014.1225. Duokan works, but now my launchpad app doesn't launch Duokan anymore from Kindle OS.

I used to press Shift+D+S and would boot straight to Duokan.

Now I press that and get the usual Success! message, but Duokan never boots.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Take a look here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=150175&page=4

HTH.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
linnx88
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
Thanks so much! Updating to the latest launchpad worked great!

But now I just noticed that the latest Duokan Lite is missing PDF reflow (the one feature I absolutely miss) and it's not seeing any of my MOBI or PRC files...???

Oh well, hopefully that'll get sorted out soon enough.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:35 AM   #4
tracy2011
Connoisseur
tracy2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:

But now I just noticed that the latest Duokan Lite is missing PDF reflow (the one feature I absolutely miss) and it's not seeing any of my MOBI or PRC files...???

If you have any questions about DuoKan or DuokanLite,you can sent email to DuoKan development team,their email address is:kindleuser@duokan.com.

I hope it’s useful to you~
tracy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:

Sorry for the delay responding linnx88. Normally DK L posts appear in the Developer section so I forgot to check here. It might be worth you checking DK posts there

As a new user of DK L, I've never seen PDF reflow so don't know what I'm missing

I imagine, but don't know, that DK L may never support mobi or prc, presumably because Kindle supports those well enough already?

What Kindle does poorly is display PDF's. Clearly the hardware is capable, & here DK L does a much better job.

Apparently the full DK version also shows djvu & chm documents, both of which would be useful for me, but seem absent currently.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
linnx88
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
Sorry for the delay responding linnx88. Normally DK L posts appear in the Developer section so I forgot to check here. It might be worth you checking DK posts there

As a new user of DK L, I've never seen PDF reflow so don't know what I'm missing

I imagine, but don't know, that DK L may never support mobi or prc, presumably because Kindle supports those well enough already?

What Kindle does poorly is display PDF's. Clearly the hardware is capable, & here DK L does a much better job.

Apparently the full DK version also shows djvu & chm documents, both of which would be useful for me, but seem absent currently.
Thanks for the reply John.

The reflow basically allowed the PDF to become normal, flowing text like you would see from your regular PRC book. It had some flaws, but over all worked very well.

I played around with the new Duokan, I like how fast it is now. Switching from Kindle to Duokan and back now takes mere seconds.

As far as CHM support in Duokan full, I'd rather spend some time and decompile the chm into regular html and then paste that to word and make a normal ebook. I've had a lot of issues with chms.

I'll check out the aforementioned forum.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Thanks for the reply John.

The reflow basically allowed the PDF to become normal, flowing text like you would see from your regular PRC book. It had some flaws, but over all worked very well.
Actually there is: try [Menu] > [K] . However if you load Duokan Lite with duokan-ini.zip it couldn't show the text. Therefore try with others ( regular boot screen, doukanloader3.zip or DuokanLoader2.zip )

Please use https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150175 for further discussions
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote