Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-24-2017, 10:26 PM   #1
roninjedi
roninjedi began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet 7'
My nook library isn't displaying all of my books and gets stuck in a refresh loop

Ok so other than change some meta data in calbire that seemed to do nothing to the books for the nook I haven't made any other changes to my books or how I set them up. Yet today I noticed that not all of my books were displaying and when I refreshed it they would load and the number would get bigger before they disappeared and the number dropped down lower.

So I tried a few different things. Loading form the SD card, changing where I put the books "nook>books>calibre library to nook>books", deleating some of the ebooks that showed up but weren't DLed yet (that just made the number fall even more instead of adding previously unseen books to the list).

The thing is, if I use the serach bar in the library it won't find it but the search inside the folder works plus it will read the books from the folder "as in clicking on the books in the folder will bring them up and let me read them"

All the books are epub and show up on my older nook device. As much as I love my new nook 7 tablet this is starting to turn into a pain. So has anyone heard of the library not wanting to show all the books and getting stuck in a refresh loop?

As for the metadata that was another thing. Ok so I have a large library of books in my nook library and over time a lot of the sereis stuff has gotten messed up or confused. So this weekend I went in a tried to change a lot of it though the metadata for the books. And while It looks fine in Calibre it dosen't seem to be working on the nook.

Take for example one of my starwars books, If i look at its title in nook it will say something like "178 - Thrawn_Heir to the Empire" and say it belongs to the "Star Wars Legends" Series and is number "178" In that series after I changed the meta data. I did this so it would be easier to search.

However in nook it would just say "[book 1] Heir to the empire" even though I'm copying the book and everything straight from the nook library. Also when I go into the set metadata tab I get the option to set metadata from the selected format which changes everything to how it appears in the nook when I search for it. So it dosen't seem to be changing what ever part of the meta data the nook reads.

Any help would be great. I really want to figure out whats up with the library view.

TLDR: Nook tablet 7' library has started to not show all books, when refreshed gets stuck in a loop loading books before reseting back to a lower number
roninjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Most likely there's a particular book that is causing the indexer on the Nook to crash/reset. However, I know of no easy way to find out which book that might be.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2017, 11:37 AM   #3
roninjedi
roninjedi began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet 7'
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Most likely there's a particular book that is causing the indexer on the Nook to crash/reset. However, I know of no easy way to find out which book that might be.
Maybe, I did add a few new books to it but they are all epub so I'm not sure. I thought it could be a data thing since I saw this morning I had no internal HD space left (do to the OS using up more than half of the space and it constantly wanting to updates apps I can't uninstall or say no to...but I guess you get what you pay for) but its still doing it after resetting it. I could start deleting some of the newer books and see if that will help.
roninjedi is offline   Reply With Quote