Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #31
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Mine is on the way back. Why?
- Margins don't work correctly without manually editing the epub.
- If I wait a week, Borders might deny a refund...
I never did figure out the margins issue. Some of my sideloaded ePubs could have the margins changed via the KT and some could not. I think the ones I had converted with calibre worked and the non-converted ones didn't, but I never got around to verifying. Of course I was running a beta firmware rather than 1.9.5.

Yep, from what I've read today it looks like Borders creditors are pushing the judge to liquidate the company. I hate to see that--too many nice people might lose their jobs.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #32
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Observation on the Kobo Touch dictionary: when you touch and hold to highlight a word for dictionary lookup, it actually tries to look up the word prior to highlighting it. Try it with a non-English word that isn't in the dictionary - it won't highlight. I would have expected it to highlight, then return "Not found" when I try to look it up in the dictionary.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #33
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch, Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
Is that new with 1.9.8? I've highlighted words that the dictionary couldn't find.
SF&F Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #34
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Actually that was 1.9.6, and you're right - in 1.9.8 I have now seen it highlight words that it subsequently couldn't find in the dictionary. I should go back and find the words it wouldn't look up previously to test again (they were in Latin).
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:20 AM   #35
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
Observation on the Kobo Touch dictionary: when you touch and hold to highlight a word for dictionary lookup, it actually tries to look up the word prior to highlighting it.
I don't think that's correct. I had several instances prior to updating to 1.9.8 where it would highlight a word and then return a "not found" notice on the dictionary screen.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #36
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Yeah, I'm still on 1.9.6.

Just being lazy, I'll probably update later today.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #37
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
From what I could test, it seems that some first words of a paragraph are not highlighted.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #38
SF&F Reader
Groupie

Okay, I've got 1.9.8 now.

Yep, the first word of a paragraph won't highlight (unless it's inside quotation marks). A long press still brings up the dictionary however.