Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2016, 01:16 PM   #16
Sodium
Shaver of Yaks
Sodium began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
You're right about the 5 years bit, but from what I could tell, nobody actually located and published that information, and this was the only thread that really talked about it. So I figured I'd add my findings for future folks looking for similar info.

As for the model, it looks like the Kindle Touch and my Paperwhite 3 are both using the same X1-ELOM modem, so the pinout will be the same.
Sodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:22 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodium View Post
You're right about the 5 years bit, but from what I could tell, nobody actually located and published that information, and this was the only thread that really talked about it. So I figured I'd add my findings for future folks looking for similar info.

As for the model, it looks like the Kindle Touch and my Paperwhite 3 are both using the same X1-ELOM modem, so the pinout will be the same.
You can't prove a negative.
All you proved is that you didn't "find it".
Not that it was/is missing.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:09 AM   #18
Sodium
Shaver of Yaks
Sodium began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You can't prove a negative.
All you proved is that you didn't "find it".
I wasn't attempting to prove a negative, I was explaining why I responded to a 5-year-old thread: like you said, I wasn't able to find this bit of information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Not that it was/is missing.
Is there some thread, or other piece of internet content that talked about connecting to the USB host port on kindles that use the X1-ELOM modem that I missed? I'd love a link, since it'll probably have more useful information as well.
Sodium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, usb connection