Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
luxal
luxal began at the beginning.

Device: tablet pc
default pdf reader in tablet pc

Hi,

I am thinking to use adobe digital for reading pdf ebooks from calibre and foxit reader for other pdf docs.
Is there a way to tell calibre everytime I open a ebook in pdf to open with adobe digital?
I can do this in windows but that applies to every pdf file no matter if they are docs or ebooks.

Thanks
luxal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No calibre just launches whatever your default app is.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
[QUOTE=luxal;866303]use adobe digital for reading pdf ebooks from calibre and foxit reader for other pdf docs./QUOTE]

You could set your default reader for pdf's to be a batch file. Test in the batch file whether the pdf is located in your Calibre library. If it is, launch ADE, otherwise, Foxit.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:45 AM   #4
luxal
luxal began at the beginning.

Device: tablet pc
[QUOTE=Starson17;866654]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxal View Post
use adobe digital for reading pdf ebooks from calibre and foxit reader for other pdf docs./QUOTE]

You could set your default reader for pdf's to be a batch file. Test in the batch file whether the pdf is located in your Calibre library. If it is, launch ADE, otherwise, Foxit.
I would like to do that. But how? I would prefer to have pdf annotator as reader for pdf ebooks, or adobe digital, and foxit for other docs.

Can you give me more direction how to select adobe digital only for a folder, and the rest of pdf docs by foxit?

Thanks a lot.
luxal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxal View Post
I would like to do that. But how? I would prefer to have pdf annotator as reader for pdf ebooks, or adobe digital, and foxit for other docs.

Can you give me more direction how to select adobe digital only for a folder, and the rest of pdf docs by foxit?

Thanks a lot.
You may need to read up on batch file parameters. Set a batch file to be the default reader for pdf. I'm pretty sure the %1 batch parameter will be the filename, including the folder name for the book. The test will be:

if %~p1 == [calibre library folder]

The "p" refers to the "path" of the %1 parameter.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert