Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
pragmortal
Member Retired
pragmortal began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Display File Type and Sort by Type

Any chance we can have the file types displayed in the library view columns, so we can sort by format if need be? This would make my mass conversion job much easier, I think. Or at least help me find certain files faster (I've had better luck converting HTML files to RTF instead of the usual Epub for example)
pragmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's what search is for. What would be the point of sorting by format?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
pragmortal
Member Retired

Ah, yeah I suppose just typing in 'PDF' brings up the PDF files for example. Again though not very clear. Couldn't hurt to put a type format in there anyway as an option. Standard file explorer type things help reduce the learning curve.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
pragmortal
Member Retired

Ah, and I see how to remove multiple file types too now. Select them all and edit metadata and remove specific kind of format. Hard to figure this stuff out again but at least there's a way!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Click the tag icon in the lower right corner
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's what search is for. What would be the point of sorting by format?
Just to be clear, if I type LRF into the search box Calibre will find all my LRF formatted stories?

I have a good mix of epub, mobie, RTF, and LRF in my Calibre Library.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yes or to be more precise

format:lrf

or click the tag icon in the lower right corner of the screen
Old 09-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes or to be more precise

format:lrf

or click the tag icon in the lower right corner of the screen
Thanks! I'm planning on converting some LRF files to epub and this will help out a lot.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote