Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #16
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@rcel View Post
After having my non-vizplex display replaced, the new display is much whiter and faster.
The contrast has a lot more to do with the age of the screen than anything else. eInk screens fade a bit over time. Your original non-vizplex display was probably whiter too, when you first got it. You just didn't notice it much over time because the change is fairly gradual. There is very little difference between the original iLiad screen and the new iLiad screen, even iRex says the difference is insignificant.

Quote:
I read in the sun often and no fading occurs anymore.
I've never seen any facts or data on what is causing the sunlight fading to occur. I still don't 100% believe it has anything to do with vizplex, unless somebody has a link or more information. I've never seen anything official written about vizplex that addresses the sunlight issue, and nothing that ever even said what the problem is. IMO, vizplex fixing the sunlight problem may be just a myth.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #17
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I note that the user's manual for the DR1000 says to avoid exposing it to sunlight when not in use.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert