Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #46
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I tried my K3 adapter a while back. It would keep the Fire at its current charge level during use but wouldn't charge it up, even left overnight. I only tried it once though.
Odd, that's the charger I always use with my KF. Actually, I lost the charger that came with the KF...ages ago.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #47
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Unhappy

Just a heads up. I found out the hard way that a Fire HD won't get enough power from a standard computer USB port, but I figured I'd be good with one of my K3 power adapters. Well, it works, but that little sucker gets pretty toasty. You might want to think twice about not doing that, or at least doing it someplace where it won't be a fire (lol pun NOT intended) hazard.
Andy
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #48
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Just a heads up. I found out the hard way that a Fire HD won't get enough power from a standard computer USB port, but I figured I'd be good with one of my K3 power adapters. Well, it works, but that little sucker gets pretty toasty. You might want to think twice about not doing that, or at least doing it someplace where it won't be a fire (lol pun NOT intended) hazard.
Andy
Going from memory, the e-ink Kindle chargers provide about 1 amp or a little less. The Fire HD and other tablets want to pull about 2 amps which is what a tablet charger provides. So your Fire HD will still probably charge very slowly from the K3 charger.
I've been using my wife's iPad charger to charge the Fire HD and it works fine.

Also, you may want to check your computer and see if one of the USB ports is powered. For example, my MacBook Pro has two USB ports. The one closest to the back is powered but the other is not....so anytime I use my computer for charging, the powered port gets the job as it can provide more amps.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote