Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #196
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I haven't done the font size jailbreak, but I did the regular jailbreak and the one for collections management - with fear and trembling - but it actually turned out to be fairly easy and painless. I'm debating now whether to install the book covers hack, but that one sounds rather more complex, and like you I'm nervous about bricking my PW.
I think with the new firmware you can no longer jailbreak at least for now. If you are already done it before upgrading then it still works.

I've learned how to resize fonts using Font Creator works better for some then other. It helps somewhat.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #197
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post

Remember the KISS principle from the days of yore: "Keep It Simple Stupid?'

You folks must have spent far more time on jailbreaking, font testing and other schemes than reading any eBooks.
It is really simple to add fonts to the PW. I've read 7 books so far this year. I think I am okay with a little font testing to find what works best for my eyes. Helvetica is too uniform for me to use. Right now I have plenty of unique fonts so I can identify them specially when my brain is tired and my Dyslexia acts up.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #198
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It is really simple to add fonts to the PW.
It's so simple even I can do it, and I'm not the most tech savvy person out there . I'm so glad I found out about it. I was even thinking of returning my PW at one point because I disliked the native fonts on it so much. Because of the trick with the fonts and the JBPatch the Paperwhite went from the least liked ereader in my collection, to my absolute favorite. Now I love reading on it.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #199
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've been sticking with Charis SIL. Still need to play around some with it.

Question, after seeing the screen shot I posted (earlier in this thread) of Charis SIL Compact, who would like a version with more line space for AZW3 (KF8)?

I can do that bit very easily. I am planning on upping the weight. Not sure how much. I'll have to play some to find out what looks best (IMHO).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #200
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I'd be interested in seeing it, Jon.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #201
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'd be interested in seeing it, Jon.
I have an idea on what numbers to use to change the line height. I'll need some testers who have a KF8 eBook to test it with.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #202
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hm. I don't know whether any of my books are KF8.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #203
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Hm. I don't know whether any of my books are KF8.
Just use Calibre to convert to AZW3 and there you go. A KF8 eBook. And as long as you have the alt font hack installed, you'll be able to test.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #204
BeccaPrice
Wizard

sure, then, I'll test. I was just about to start Redshirts, and I can convert that to AZW3 before I start.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #205
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
sure, then, I'll test. I was just about to start Redshirts, and I can convert that to AZW3 before I start.
I'll post another Charis SIL to test tomorrow sometime. Thanks.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #206
BeccaPrice
Wizard

I'll look forward to getting it.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #207
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I use Helvetica 6 and it seems better to me than all these imported fonts I've seen in this thread.

Remember the KISS principle from the days of yore: "Keep It Simple Stupid?'

You folks must have spent far more time on jailbreaking, font testing and other schemes than reading any eBooks.

By the way, Moon+ Reader Pro at the Amazon site has a RED "X" next to the Kindle Fire HD so Amazon has not yet approved that app for that device, either.
I still like Helvetica large font on the paperwhite, and like it better than KFHD fonts which uses the Helvetica font but doesn't look the same at all. So I use Moon + Reader Pro and it looks great on the KFHD. Downloaded from Google Play store by the way.

Last edited by new; 01-22-2013 at 02:20 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #208
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I'll look forward to getting it.
Here you (and anyone else interested) go. Here's the Charis SIL Modified with more weight and more line space, but less then the default. So it should look a lot nicer with Mobi and KF8.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?64cse2dshispx08

What I am going to do is fix up the Compact version to match the weight of this one and then if enough think this one is good, I'll have both of them. The new Compact and the new Modified.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-30-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #209
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you for sharing it!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #210
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Thank you for sharing it!
You are very welcome.