Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
AndroidCentral: HTC Flyer's Digital Pen $80

http://www.androidcentral.com/digita...ices-best-buy-

Quote:
When the WiFi-only HTC Flyer went available for pre-sale from Best Buy, we knew that the 7-inch tablet would cost $499. There was no word, however, on the price of the stylus, which is one of the features that differentiates this tablet from all the rest. New information from one of our readers who was perusing the Best Buy website found the price of the pen as well as a leather pouch for transporting it. The stylus, called the HTC Digital Pen at Best Buy, will retail for $79.99
That's an expensive stylus.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
HTC has said that the only stylusless Flyers would be the ones bought from BestBuy. The ones bought from other sources would come with stylus.

Take THAT BestBuy!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
HTC has said that the only stylusless Flyers would be the ones bought from BestBuy. The ones bought from other sources would come with stylus.

Take THAT BestBuy!
I wondered about that-the Flyer looks like it really takes good advantage of a stylus-it seems odd if they don't ship it included. Is that some special deal with Best Buy? Or rather, with everyone except Best Buy?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
$500 for a 7"?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #5
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
I thought this would be capacitive + active digitizer in the screen (like my HP TX2, and the TM2, tablets).

But I guess the pressure sensitivity and digitizing information is coming from the pen - so that's a bit different. Understandable that the pen would be a bit more expensive. Even the pen in my TX2 is powered / rechargeable.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's dual input, capacative (finger) and pen similar to Wacom, but I'm not quite sure how it switches between them.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
It's dual input, capacative (finger) and pen similar to Wacom, but I'm not quite sure how it switches between them.
I dunno - from what I found it says the pressure sensitivity is coming from the pen - which is a little different.

Oh - never mind - engadget says differently - they say it's N-trig tech (like my HP TX2). ??

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/15/a...-aka-htc-scri/

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 05-09-2011 at 08:07 PM.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #8
wodin
Illiterate

Well, I for one want one. So far it's the only thing I've seen that might stand a chance at replacing my SGT and LiveScribe smartpen in one very elegant stroke.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, I for one want one. So far it's the only thing I've seen that might stand a chance at replacing my SGT and LiveScribe smartpen in one very elegant stroke.
Are there any videos with the device and pen in action? The ones I've seen only showcase scribbling in a specific app designed for the pen (not in documents/books). I haven't seen anything of practical use. I would be interested in the device too if the stylus has true functionality.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Are there any videos with the device and pen in action? The ones I've seen only showcase scribbling in a specific app designed for the pen (not in documents/books). I haven't seen anything of practical use. I would be interested in the device too if the stylus has true functionality.
The annotation feature does more than just write to a notepad. It also captures audio and syncs it to the written notes with playback. So you can playback the notes and review what was said when you jotted the notes.

They are also integrated with evernote, so you can save your hand written notes on evernote and have evernote ocr your notes for you.

Def target for professional and students.
=X=

=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
The annotation feature does more than just write to a notepad. It also captures audio and syncs it to the written notes with playback. So you can playback the notes and review what was said when you jotted the notes.

=X=
Yes, my LiveScribe Smatpen does that and it's extremely useful during meetings. Especially when someone says "I didn't say that!". But the need to carry special paper and export the session to a Windows or Mac PC before anything can be done with it makes the whole system a bit cludgey.

Uploading the session to EverNote directly from the tablet so it's available anywhere, now THAT's elegant!

Last edited by wodin; 05-10-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post

They are also integrated with evernote, so you can save your hand written notes on evernote and have evernote ocr your notes for you.

Def target for professional and students.
=X=
Thanks for providing the video! This would be great in 10".