Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-07-2016, 05:10 PM   #46
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I am sorry, but there is no easy fix for this problem. Conversion to KFX relies on Amazon's Kindle Previewer 3 beta, which has serious bugs and you have found one.

You may be able to make it work for your book, but it is probably going to require a lot of effort on your part. You will need to figure out what part of the book is triggering the error and change it to avoid the problem. To do this you will need to learn a lot about how e-books work internally and how to edit them.

This will take a trial and error process of removing or changing parts to the book to narrow down what specific item is triggering the error. You will then need to find a change to the book that retains the content and formatting without causing the error. The result may not be worth your effort.

You may want to investigate the Hyphenate This! calibre plugin as an alternative to KFX conversion.

In the future it would be best to ask questions about conversion to KFX in the KFX Output Plugin thread.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:04 PM   #47
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
In the future it would be best to ask questions about conversion to KFX in the KFX Output Plugin thread.
Moderator Notice
Merged

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2016, 01:54 AM   #48
Mobby
Mobby began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis
Quote:
I am sorry, but there is no easy fix for this problem. Conversion to KFX relies on Amazon's Kindle Previewer 3 beta, which has serious bugs and you have found one.

You may be able to make it work for your book, but it is probably going to require a lot of effort on your part. You will need to figure out what part of the book is triggering the error and change it to avoid the problem. To do this you will need to learn a lot about how e-books work internally and how to edit them.

This will take a trial and error process of removing or changing parts to the book to narrow down what specific item is triggering the error. You will then need to find a change to the book that retains the content and formatting without causing the error. The result may not be worth your effort.

You may want to investigate the Hyphenate This! calibre plugin as an alternative to KFX conversion.

Thank you for your fast response and the details

I now converted the book to azw3 without errors. Seems ok for me, but I will also try the hyphenate plugin. I will inform Amazon about the bug and wait for a fix.

Have a nice sunday!

best regards Raimund
Mobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:53 PM   #49
Abqpete
Abqpete began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, Kindle DXG, Voyage, Oasis
Kindle Previewer 3 beta is now at version 3.3
Abqpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:12 PM   #50
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abqpete View Post
Kindle Previewer 3 beta is now at version 3.3
I have updated the first post in this thread to indicate that the plugin is compatible with version 3.3 of the Previewer.

So far nothing has changed in the Previewer 3 beta versions to affect (or improve) its ability to convert books for Enhanced Typesetting.
Advert
Old 07-25-2016, 04:56 AM   #51
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Thank you for your work!
I tried following all of the instructions, but when I get to the conversion I receive error R6034 from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, saying that 'the application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly'. I'm running Windows 10 and have installed the latest version of Kindle Previewer. Any suggestions as to what might be the cause?

Oh, I've tried with multiple books, including the edition of Frankenstein that was linked in the first post of the thread, to no avail.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:14 AM   #52
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
... I receive error R6034 from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, saying that 'the application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly'. I'm running Windows 10 and have installed the latest version of Kindle Previewer. Any suggestions as to what might be the cause?
I also use Windows 10 (64-bit) and have not experienced this problem. Here are some suggestions for tracking down the cause of this.

Check that the Previewer functions correctly and converts and displays the Frankenstein book without error when used by itself. If not then try uninstall/reinstall or contact Amazon for further suggestions.

If the Previewer works properly by itself try the command line interface (documented in the first post of this thread) to convert the last book successfully converted by the Previewer:
calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" -- Frankenstein.last
If this fails posting a copy of the output would be useful in diagnosing the problem.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:08 AM   #53
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
I also use Windows 10 (64-bit) and have not experienced this problem. Here are some suggestions for tracking down the cause of this.

Check that the Previewer functions correctly and converts and displays the Frankenstein book without error when used by itself. If not then try uninstall/reinstall or contact Amazon for further suggestions.

If the Previewer works properly by itself try the command line interface (documented in the first post of this thread) to convert the last book successfully converted by the Previewer:
calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" -- Frankenstein.last
If this fails posting a copy of the output would be useful in diagnosing the problem.
Thank you The Previewer successfully converted the Frankenstein book, and after that the command line conversion was successful as well, so I'll keep using this method from now on. At this point, I imagine the problem might be in my calibre installation or in the version of the Runtime Library I have installed right now on my computer.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:51 PM   #54
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

The current version of this plugin (1.1.2) is not compatible with latest Kindle Previewer release, 3.4 beta (7/29/2016).

I will look into supporting it in a future plugin release.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:58 PM   #55
dumberock
dumberock began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2
Hi. I wish I could test that lovely converter too, alas kindle previewer v(3.0 to 3.3) is nowhere to be found online as far as I can google... Some tips ?
dumberock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:08 PM   #56
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumberock View Post
Hi. I wish I could test that lovely converter too, alas kindle previewer v(3.0 to 3.3) is nowhere to be found online as far as I can google... Some tips ?
I plan to have an update to the plugin in the next few days. It will work with the most recent Previewer release (3.4 beta).
Old 08-14-2016, 05:24 AM   #57
Thnik
Thnik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi!
I tried converting Frankenstein but it failed.
The Previewer 3 shows Enhanced Typesetting enabled.
I tried disabling the antivirus.
Here is a link to my error report.

http://pastebin.com/DGz1mqKK

Thanks.
Thnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:56 AM   #58
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnik View Post
I tried converting Frankenstein but it failed.
The error at the end of the log, Exception: unexpected fragment type: {symbol}1, shows that you are using version 3.4 of the Previewer. The current plugin release does not support that Previewer version. I am working on an update and will have it ready within a few days.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:12 AM   #59
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.2.0 - 15 Aug 2016

Add support for Kindle Previewer 3.4 beta. (That is now the recommended version of the Previewer for use with this version of the plugin.)

Allow conversion of page numbers contained in an NCX pageList or page-map.xml within the source EPUB. (Page numbers must be present in the EPUB. "Fake" page numbers will not be produced. EPUB 3 page-list and Amazon APNX are not supported.)

Correct some issues in the source EPUB that could prevent conversion by Previewer: character encoding, obfuscated fonts, background RECT in SVG, language "UND", missing/duplicated title, <td> with no visible text, and a few others.

Include the book title in pop-up conversion failure dialogs.

Save the Kindle Previewer version used within created KFX files to aid in future debugging.

Generate a unique content_id for books that do not have an ASIN.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:39 PM   #60
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
Many thanks for your great job.

Just tried and I got this error:
Quote:
calibre, version 2.64.0
ERRORE: KFX conversion failed: <p>TITLE<br><br><b>Kindle Previewer error:</b> Error(YJConvValidator):E120014: First Line Style applied to non content container. ContainerType=BOX, ContainerSubType=CONTENT_LIST</p>
What does it mean?

Thanks in advance
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine