Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-21-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
News: Touch HD 2

Pocketbook releases Touch HD 2. There are no material differences compared to the first Touch HD, except that the new device promises a "soft and warm light in the evening", which probably refers to a colour-changing frontlight with some yellow or orange tone.

Instead of yellow frontlight (or better: in addition to it), I'd like to be able to have full inversion of tones across the entire device.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:58 AM   #2
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
This happens just after I asked Santa for a Touch HD!

This being said, I don't care much for the soft warm light feature, so if this is the only difference one model is as good as another for me.

By full inversion of tones, do you mean white text on black background? I would also like to try that for night reading.
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:09 AM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlorine
By full inversion of tones, do you mean white text on black background? I would also like to try that for night reading.
Yes. This feature is available in Koreader app. I would like to have it in my Pocketbooks.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #4
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Did some people here try the HD 2? Does it work well? How is the lighting, even?

Thanks
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:35 PM   #5
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
Did some people here try the HD 2? Does it work well? How is the lighting, even?

Thanks
I am also very interested to hear how good and even the lighting is.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:39 AM   #6
Franciscus3023
Franciscus3023 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does anyone knows if remoteink works on Touch HD 2 or Inkpad 3 ?
(or the VNC client from othb08me09zp)

Thanks a lot in advance.
Franciscus3023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:17 AM   #7
kova4a
kova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Glowlight 3, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
I am also very interested to hear how good and even the lighting is.
Well, I bought two units - one had extremely even lighting with very small shadow cones at the left and right corners at bottom of the screen - much less than what my nook glowlight 3 had. Almost as good as my inkpad 3. The second unit had the lower part of the screen a bit shadowy, which was annoying in comparison to the other unit.

The contrast of the text is much better on the hd 2 compared to the inkpad 3 though.

Also, I don't know if that's a common issue or just batch issue but both of the hd 2 units occasionally display weird rendering when putting to sleep or connecting to the usb - like everything on the display become faded an lines running accross. I don't know what that was - it never happened while reading books or in menus, but I returned them both because I didn't want to take any chances with future screen issues. With that said if you give me an hd2 with lighting like on the my first unit and no weird issues with the screen I would choose it over my inkpad 3 and kobo aura one any day of the week

Last edited by kova4a; 06-20-2018 at 04:20 AM.
kova4a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:05 AM   #8
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
Well, I bought two units - one had extremely even lighting with very small shadow cones at the left and right corners at bottom of the screen - much less than what my nook glowlight 3 had. Almost as good as my inkpad 3. The second unit had the lower part of the screen a bit shadowy, which was annoying in comparison to the other unit.

The contrast of the text is much better on the hd 2 compared to the inkpad 3 though.

Also, I don't know if that's a common issue or just batch issue but both of the hd 2 units occasionally display weird rendering when putting to sleep or connecting to the usb - like everything on the display become faded an lines running accross. I don't know what that was - it never happened while reading books or in menus, but I returned them both because I didn't want to take any chances with future screen issues. With that said if you give me an hd2 with lighting like on the my first unit and no weird issues with the screen I would choose it over my inkpad 3 and kobo aura one any day of the week
Thank you very much for your detailed, and helpful reply!
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:55 AM   #9
Franciscus3023
Franciscus3023 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I bought a HD 2 several months ago. I'm using it as an e-ink screen of my computer with remoteink. The software works perfectly.
The big lag makes it only usable for editing texts or programming, but anyway, I'm happy with it.
(I've been unable to run the VNC client on the HD 2).
Franciscus3023 is offline   Reply With Quote