Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 10:32 PM   #1
ranvel
ranvel began at the beginning.

Device: web
Epub->htmlz: Add <p> tags as <div class="Para"> children

Hello!

I have an epub that I am looking to fix when I export it to HTMLZ.

Currently, it defines the paragraph by a <div> with the class "Para" (short for 'Paragraph'). I am sure that I could just do a search and replace for all div that meet this criteria, just turning <div class="Para"> into <p>, but there are also 'id' tags in the mix, which are used for links.

So ideally, I'd like to add a child class to these divs.

Here's a quick example:

Current Epub:
<div id="link001" class="Para">
Let's start off by saying...
</div>

Current HTMLZ:
</div>

Expected HTMLZ:
<p>
</p>
</div>

Is this possible?

Thank you!
ranvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Diaps Editing Toolbag Plugin does this type of conversion/retag. Just remember to tick the Keep
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=2980740
(It's on the Help: Get Plugins List. The easy way to install)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #3
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
My first thought was to use a regular expression to change the 3 characters div to p so that you retain the ids for the linking and the class for any formatting. Make the regular expression match the div at the beginning and the "Para" at the end. But then I can't see how to change what was the matching div to a p since there are likely other non-Para divs. Maybe Diap's thing can do what I'm thinking of.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:58 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
My first thought was to use a regular expression to change the 3 characters div to p so that you retain the ids for the linking and the class for any formatting. Make the regular expression match the div at the beginning and the "Para" at the end. But then I can't see how to change what was the matching div to a p since there are likely other non-Para divs. Maybe Diap's thing can do what I'm thinking of.
Search for...
<div id="(.*)" class="Para">

Replace with...
<p id="\1">
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:34 PM   #5
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Search for...
<div id="(.*)" class="Para">

Replace with...
<p id="\1">
But then what about what had been the matching div?
Advert
Old 07-21-2019, 04:25 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Diap's Editing Toolbag will handle both the start tag and its matching end tag.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:04 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, I did forget that.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:09 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Diap's Editing Toolbag will handle both the start tag and its matching end tag.
I agree that this is the easiest and best solution.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:46 PM   #9
ranvel
ranvel began at the beginning.

Device: web
Yes - this was exactly what I was looking for. It looks a bit manual in that you need to do each html file separately, but it gets the job done.

I'm attaching the settings that worked for me in case someone runs into this same issue.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran, le 2019-07-21 à 21.43.08.png
Views:	154
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	172516  
ranvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:48 PM   #10
lumpynose
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranvel View Post
Yes - this was exactly what I was looking for. It looks a bit manual in that you need to do each html file separately, but it gets the job done.

I'm attaching the settings that worked for me in case someone runs into this same issue.

Thanks!
Try dragging or shift clicking and select several files; some of the plugins allow you to work on several files at the same time.

Last edited by lumpynose; 07-21-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:42 PM   #11
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranvel View Post
It looks a bit manual in that you need to do each html file separately, but it gets the job done.
I don't have this plugin installed anymore, but I seem to remember that there was a sub-menu option to choose between whole book and current file only.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:06 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I don't have this plugin installed anymore, but I seem to remember that there was a sub-menu option to choose between whole book and current file only.
Yep, it is on the icon as a setting
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, htmlz, paragraphing