Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-29-2019, 10:32 PM   #31
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
I had the Credit for several days & have 12 random house books on my WL Not 1 is eligible. Most are $15 or more!
Why I asked for a Link to the Titles that ARE Eligible
Believe me, we would post a list of eligible books if there was one. There's not.

That's why I told you I have a Penguin Classics book I want to get that seems lime it matches the requirements, but it isn't part of the credit.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:30 AM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another $2.99 book that the credit applies to: The Stories of John Cheever.
Advert
Old 07-30-2019, 11:40 AM   #33
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I suspect you may be right about it being sort of experimental. Especially, I agree with you about the loopholeishness (love making up words) of the ability to use with books that are temporarily on sale.

Of course, it's all moot for me - I got my credits and used them a long time ago, and haven't gotten any more.

Note that for me, at least, I got three $5 credits, and I was able to use partial credits, left over from purchasing a sale book, on other titles. Which seems even more loopholeish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
Yeah, this feels like an experiment to me. The publisher seems to be testing to see if it knocks $5 off the price of wish-listed books $10+ then how does that influence sales.

Doing it as a targeted credit lets them experiment without really committing to lower prices, I think.

I suspect the ability to use the credit on sale priced books is an unanticipated loophole.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:37 PM   #34
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Definitely an odd duck of a promotion. Glad I was able to use the first set of credits and I appreciate the personal finds listed by posters here but I won’t be jumping through their hoops again to find eligible books.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:07 PM   #35
Traceyannthomp
Traceyannthomp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hope I’m not too late, but this list may help:

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/ebook-deals/?

It’s not exhaustive though.

I got The Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero for free. As well as others on this list.

Zadie Smith’s Feel Free is included, as is Mouthful of Birds by the amazing Samantha Schweblin.

What a lovely surprise, to get free books!

Last edited by issybird; 07-30-2019 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Remove tag.
Traceyannthomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2019, 06:38 PM   #36
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
OK, I added 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress' to my Wish List. Maybe now I'll get a surprise email. I'll let everyone know if this works.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-01-2019 at 09:51 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:24 PM   #37
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
OK, I added 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress' to my Wish List. Maybe now I'll get a surprise email. I let everyone know if this works.
Nothing with this promotion is certain, but it's my guess that the people who receive it are the ones who have recent new releases on their wish lists. In my case, I wishlisted prereleases due in May and June. This resulted in a credit in June and another in July. Each email referenced the wishlisted titles, but I'm really just guessing.

Now I'm thinking I should make sure I have upcoming prereleases wishlisted to qualify for more credits.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:40 PM   #38
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I got $5 credit, but only for a book that I didn't want. But it was a hanger-on from my wish list because at one time, the wife considered it, before determining that it was useless (an unneeded training text book). I just never removed it from the list.

But of course, THAT is the book they chose to apply the credit to! I didn't buy it, even with the credit. It also happened to be the most expensive book on my list - I'll bet that's why it was chosen, because it was way overpriced in the first place.

Lesson learned - clean up your wish list!
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:52 PM   #39
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I got $5 credit, but only for a book that I didn't want. But it was a hanger-on from my wish list because at one time, the wife considered it, before determining that it was useless (an unneeded training text book). I just never removed it from the list.

But of course, THAT is the book they chose to apply the credit to! I didn't buy it, even with the credit. It also happened to be the most expensive book on my list - I'll bet that's why it was chosen, because it was way overpriced in the first place.

Lesson learned - clean up your wish list!
Ah but as currently implemented, the credit can be applied to *some* other Penguin/Random House books that regularly sell for $9.99 or more. That's why we're posting other eligible titles, especially those on sale for less than $5, making it effectively free.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:04 AM   #40
bookmarked
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceyannthomp View Post
Hope I’m not too late, but this list may help:

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/ebook-deals/?

It’s not exhaustive though.

I got The Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero for free. As well as others on this list.

Zadie Smith’s Feel Free is included, as is Mouthful of Birds by the amazing Samantha Schweblin.

What a lovely surprise, to get free books!

Thanks, this page was helpful once I figured out that the "$1.99 and up Fiction" dropped down to give other options for SF&F, Mystery, and non-fiction. The site doesn't list every title on sale, but it did show me a few I would have missed otherwise.

Here are 2 more on sale that I got, if anyone has unexpired credit left:

Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty for $2.99.

The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carre for $1.99.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:46 AM   #41
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Amazon says my credits expire in three hours. But here's another book I got for free with them:

The Hunger by Alma Katsu is $1.99 at Amazon US. Donner party plus supernatural threat.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:37 AM   #42
bookmarked
Addict

I just spotted this promotion again on the website, but this time I didn't get an email, and it tells me I only have 3 days left.

It appears to be the same deal as before (see previous).
Old 08-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #43
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
OK, I added 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress' to my Wish List. Maybe now I'll get a surprise email. I'll let everyone know if this works.
My update promise: It didn't work, but I'm not surprised.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:20 AM   #44
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Me too on the "new" credit, but I'm crazy busy at work and haven't had a chance to check it out..will update later if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
I just spotted this promotion again on the website, but this time I didn't get an email, and it tells me I only have 3 days left.

It appears to be the same deal as before (see previous).
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:40 PM   #45
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
I didn’t get an e-mail, but thanks to the post, I just got two books that were on my wish list waiting for a price reduction - yippee! Thanks!
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote