Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-24-2019, 04:18 AM   #16
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
And would Amazon be savvy, on top of things, and devious enough that they would withdraw that offer a month or more before Prime Day?

Just in case they haven't thought about that, everyone keep your mouths shut, so they won't find out about it, okay? Quiet now! Shhhhhh!!!
No need to worry about that, Amazon will keep the offer available because it leads to more signups. A significant portion of those will either decide to keep it deliberately, or forget and end up keeping it by accident. Combine that with all the deals on Prime Day and they'll pull in a lot of Prime subs.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:47 AM   #17
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
No need to worry about that, Amazon will keep the offer available because it leads to more signups. A significant portion of those will either decide to keep it deliberately, or forget and end up keeping it by accident. Combine that with all the deals on Prime Day and they'll pull in a lot of Prime subs.
Perhaps that is their M.O. However, if they are "selling" a Prime membership for less than what it costs them (in extra shipping costs, reduced price of products, etc.) then they will lose money with every signup that they get. On the other hand, if they lose money initially, but can gain it back over time from a membership, then it still can even be to their advantage, if they are looking at the big picture. They have to walk a fine line.

But I have a huge amount of confidence in Jeff Bezos (and his minions, too, I suppose) that He knows what he is doing. FWIW, Amazon is owned by stockholders. I don't know that this is as true as it once was, but I remember several years ago that the stockholders were complaining--maybe "protesting" would be a better word--about how they were not getting paid dividends (or as much as they thought that they should be) on their Amazon stock. Bezos's response was that he wanted to plow all of that money back into the business. One of his thoughts may have been that that would afford (no pun intended) him the opportunity to have promotions, like this one that we're talking about, in which Amazon would lose money initially, but over time would end up gaining much more.

I truly believe that Bezos is the greatest marketing and general business genius of this generation, at least in the U.S.; as Sam Walton was two or three generations ago.

My second paragraph, in the post above, was highly facetious, of course.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-25-2019 at 01:14 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2019, 11:49 AM   #18
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
As I recall, I didn't buy anything on Prime Day last year. Nothing on my camels list showed up.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:27 PM   #19
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I didn't buy any thing last year . But the year before I got several items. You just don't know till you see what they offering. You still don't loose you still get the 1 month of Free Prime
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:12 AM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Alexa, When Is Prime Day? July 15 & 16 Will Be a Two-Day Parade of Epic Deals

Quote:
Prime Day 2019 will feature more than one million deals globally, including the biggest Prime Day deals ever on Alexa-enabled devices

One of the best Prime Day deals starts today, save $120 on Toshiba HD 43-Inch Fire TV Edition Smart TV, only $179.99

Stay Tuned: Thousands of product launches, plus celebrity brand collaborations and world-class entertainment events
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun. 25, 2019-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – This July, Amazon will provide Prime members worldwide the chance to get epic deals during its longest Prime Day ever. Prime Day starts at midnight PT on Monday, July 15 and – for the first time ever – runs for 48 hours, offering members two full days with more than one million deals around the world. Prime Day will be the biggest celebration of deals with limited-time offers, never-before-seen entertainment and exclusive launches online and in-store. Also, members will find the biggest Prime Day deals ever on Alexa-enabled devices. And one of the best Prime Day deals starts today – save $120 on Toshiba HD 43-inch Fire TV Edition Smart TV, only $179.99, through June 30 or while supplies last. Prime members in the U.S., U.K., Spain, Singapore, Netherlands, Mexico, Luxembourg, Japan, Italy, India, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium, Austria, Australia and – new this year – United Arab Emirates, can shop our best day(s) of deals. Not a Prime member yet? Anyone can join Prime or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.com/primeday to participate in Prime Day.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2019, 11:16 AM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alexa, Remind Me to Shop for Deals on Prime Day

Quote:
Amazon reveals early Prime Day offers on everything from entertainment to classroom essentials and Amazon devices

Kick off back-to-school and off-to-college shopping this Prime Day, and stay ahead of the curve with savings on laptops, backpacks, clothing and more

Starting today, save $100 on Fire TV Recast, now starting at just $129.99 — cut the cord and record live over the air content for free

Prime members who spend $10 at Whole Foods Market get a $10 credit to use on Amazon for Prime Day – starting July 3
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul. 1, 2019-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Prime Day will be the biggest celebration of deals yet with more than one million deals globally on July 15 & 16. And starting today, Prime members can enjoy exclusive offers and savings every day leading up to Prime Day across Amazon devices, fashion, grocery, toys, furniture, everyday essentials, school supplies and more. In fact, the Happy School Year store opens today, serving as a one stop shop for parents, students and teachers, with everything they need to go back-to-school prepared and in style. Prime members will find the biggest Prime Day deals ever on Alexa-enabled devices and starting today, members can save $100 on Fire TV Recast, now just $129.99. Not a member yet? Anyone can join Prime or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.com/primeday to participate in Prime Day.

more...
Old 07-01-2019, 11:35 AM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Early Prime Day Deals Live Now

Every day leading up to Prime Day, members will discover all kinds of exclusive offers and deals, including:
  • Amazon Devices – Save $100 on Fire TV Recast, now starting at just $129.99 so you can cut the cord and record live over the air content for free. Plus, starting July 8, save $80 on Ring Video Doorbell Pro and an Echo Dot, just $169.
  • Amazon Music – Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium streaming tier for just $0.99 and enjoy unlimited access to more than 50 million songs, ad-free.
  • Prime Video – Enjoy 50% off rentals on a collection of popular movies – starting from just $1.99.
  • Twitch Prime – Prime members can unlock exclusive Legend and weapon skins for Apex Legends, and content from multiple EA SPORTS titles.
  • Audible –Save 66% on your first 3 months of Audible – just $4.95 a month. Or save $30 when you sign up for an annual Audible membership and get an Echo Dot for just $0.99.
  • Kindle Unlimited – Prime members who haven't yet tried Kindle Unlimited can get their first three months of unlimited reading free when they sign up.
  • Amazon Fashion – Save up to 30% on Tommy Hilfiger men’s and women’s clothing, up to 30% on clothing from the Tommy Hilfiger Adaptive line, which are styles that make dressing easier for those with disabilities, and up to 30% on Tommy Hilfiger shoes, accessories and more, as well as up to 70% savings on Seafolly Australia Swimwear, up to 50% savings on athletic shoes from Reebok, Puma, and more, and up to 30% savings on kid’s and baby styles from Gerber, The Children's Place, and more, among other deals across Amazon Fashion.
  • Amazon Brands – Save up to 50% off women’s active wear from Amazon Essentials, Core 10 and Starter, up to 40% on men’s shirts from Goodthreads, Buttoned Down and Amazon Essentials, up to 30% on women’s styles from Daily Ritual, up to 20% off furniture and décor from Rivet, Stone & Beam, and Ravenna Home, up to 20% off AmazonBasics, and up to 30% off everyday essentials from Solimo, Presto!, and Happy Belly, among others.
  • Prime Now: Save up to 40% on the best of Amazon with free two-hour delivery on orders of $35 or more. Plus, new Prime Now customers can receive $15 off their order of $35 or more.
  • AmazonFresh: Save up to 40% on groceries when shopping AmazonFresh. Plus, new AmazonFresh customers can get $15 off their first order of $35 or more.
  • Prime Book Box - Prime members who are new to Prime Book Box can get 30% off their first box – just $13.99 for hand-picked children’s books delivered every 1, 2, or 3 months.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:42 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Once again, Amazon is offering deals that aren't deals. For example, the offers for Amazon Music, Kindle Unlimited, and Prime Book Box are only for first time users. What about existing customers? Don't they deserve any love?
Old 07-02-2019, 05:43 AM   #24
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Maybe the whole focus is just to get people to sign up for Prime.

I just cancelled mine. My son's year of student Prime is over, and he's not a student now. Me and my daughters hurried up and watched all the episodes of Good Omens first --- that was really good!!!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:53 AM   #25
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Once again, Amazon is offering deals that aren't deals. For example, the offers for Amazon Music, Kindle Unlimited, and Prime Book Box are only for first time users. What about existing customers? Don't they deserve any love?
I've requalified for a free Prime trial and I need to cancel my Audible membership this month anyway before a credit drops. I'd do the trial if I could be sure they'd let me take the three-month Audible offer, but I suspect they wouldn't.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:32 PM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I've requalified for a free Prime trial and I need to cancel my Audible membership this month anyway before a credit drops. I'd do the trial if I could be sure they'd let me take the three-month Audible offer, but I suspect they wouldn't.
How long has it been since you last had Prime?

I keep getting these offers to re-join Prime for a free 30-day trial (I dropped it last Dec). Then when I took them up on the offer, they say I don't qualify. So why did they offer it to me in the first place!

Some of Amazon's practices are a bit shady.

Good luck with Audible.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #27
Burkhardt
Burkhardt began at the beginning.

Device: none
They were down for a couple of hours last year during prime day and when they got back up, most good deals were taken. I hope this year's pday's nothing like it though as I am looking into getting some good deals on smarthome stuff.
Burkhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #28
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I keep getting these offers to re-join Prime for a free 30-day trial (I dropped it last Dec). Then when I took them up on the offer, they say I don't qualify. So why did they offer it to me in the first place!
I just tried again and was able to get a free trial. Maybe 6 months without Prime is the magic number or maybe not (see below).

Quote:
Get ready to shop Prime Day – July 15 and 16

This year’s Prime Day starts at midnight on Monday, July 15 and – for the first time ever – runs for 48 hours, offering members two full days to uncover the best in shopping and entertainment from Amazon Prime. Prime Day will also feature the biggest deals ever on Alexa-enabled devices from our Echo and Fire TV line-ups and starting today, Prime members can save $100 on Fire TV Recast, now just $129.99. Not a Prime member yet? Anyone can join Prime or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.com/primeday to participate in Prime Day.
* highlighting added

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-02-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:28 PM   #29
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I signed up for Prime earlier today Already looking for deals Kinda hoping Audible for 1 year for 12 credits at $100 will pop up.

My son is watching this: Twitch Prime – Prime members can unlock exclusive Legend and weapon skins for Apex Legends, and content from multiple EA SPORTS titles.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:39 AM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

This thread is being stickied. When Prime Day is over, it'll be unstickied.