Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-10-2019, 10:47 PM   #91
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I managed to get rid of the grey bars by using the wonderful Job Spy plugin (changed the alternating rows from grey to whitesmoke), so the GUI looks now pretty much like I'm used to.

What about this problem - Post 78

If its still there, try widening the book details panel a little bit.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:49 PM   #92
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
Thanks for sharing the beta version for us! I am already testing it. Is there a way to put a switch to enable dark mode?
try right click(or Esc)->Preferences->Colours

BR
Advert
Old 09-10-2019, 11:13 PM   #93
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Kindle Oasis 2 & 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

What about this problem - Post 78

If its still there, try widening the book details panel a little bit.

BR
Still there. Widening doesn't help.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:01 AM   #94
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Still there. Widening doesn't help.
Hmmm, as I wrote in post #14 I used to see what your seeing in the beta in the released version - I didn't report it because a) it was cosmetic, b) I couldn't see a pattern, i.e it would only happen for some books, and c) I tend to 'ignore' (not see/look through) anomalies like that.

I only noticed it was OK in the beta because I was looking for it. But I can't make it happen in 3.47.1; so, it must have 'fixed' itself some time ago.

I may have changed a setting for whatever reason, so I'm attaching my Look & Feel settings. Could be the Font.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-09-11 134220.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	173389   Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-09-11 134143.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	173390  
Old 09-11-2019, 01:33 AM   #95
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Hmmm, as I wrote in post #14 I used to see what your seeing in the beta in the released version - I didn't report it because a) it was cosmetic, b) I couldn't see a pattern, i.e it would only happen for some books, and c) I tend to 'ignore' (not see/look through) anomalies like that.

I only noticed it was OK in the beta because I was looking for it. But I can't make it happen in 3.47.1; so, it must have 'fixed' itself some time ago.

I may have changed a setting for whatever reason, so I'm attaching my Look & Feel settings. Could be the Font.

BR
I've never seen it in the official version, but then I don't install every Calibre update. It might have been in a version I didn't install.

Changing the font didn't help either. Most of my settings are the same as yours, including font size.
Advert
Old 09-11-2019, 01:41 AM   #96
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
The text in the book details panel looks weirdly spaced, compared to the old version. I've attached two screenshots, the first is the old Calibre, the second is the beta.
This will be fixed in the next release. basically in order to fix the weirdness BR described, I made the column title not wrap, which works well in horizontal layout where there is plenty of space for long titles. But in vertical layout it should wrap, now changed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:45 AM   #97
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
With this change, I got the first message to show, but that was it. None of the others showed up.
You have to insert the call to processEvents after every show_message() if you are running blocking code on the main loop. It might also be necessary to call processEvents more than once, in which case you do:

Code:
while processEvents():
   continue
Old 09-11-2019, 02:07 AM   #98
Sirtel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This will be fixed in the next release. basically in order to fix the weirdness BR described, I made the column title not wrap, which works well in horizontal layout where there is plenty of space for long titles. But in vertical layout it should wrap, now changed.
Yay! You're the best! Thank you!
Old 09-11-2019, 04:55 AM   #99
thiago.eec
Zealot
thiago.eec knows who John Galt is.thiago.eec knows who John Galt is.thiago.eec knows who John Galt is.thiago.eec knows who John Galt is.thiago.eec knows who John Galt is.thiago.eec knows who John Galt is.thiago.eec knows who John Galt is.thiago.eec knows who John Galt is.thiago.eec knows who John Galt is.thiago.eec knows who John Galt is.thiago.eec knows who John Galt is.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Code:
while processEvents():
   continue
Thanks! That gave me a hint. Now I'm calling processEvents() after starting every thread. That did the trick.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:00 AM   #100
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Yay! You're the best! Thank you!

Good to know we've not been seeing things
Old 09-11-2019, 05:28 AM   #101
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@jackie_w: So the situation with fullscreen images was interesting. Apparently modern versions of chrome (and hence webengine) interpret width="100%" height="100%" on an svg differently. To get the desired result one has to use width="100vw" and height="100vh"

I have modified the viewer code to detect a HTML file with only a single svg image and replace the 100% width/height appropriately. That should take care of it.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:03 AM   #102
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The issue with the system default style was caused by me neglecting to add the relevant Qt style plugin, will be fixed in the next beta.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:05 AM   #103
jhack-jos
jhack-jos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle / Calibre
Bug in the viewer for Japanese

Dear Kovid,

thank you for your wonderful work.
I come here from bug report #1843558 which I filled today to give you feedback on the Japanese Language support.

I confirm now vertical-text works correctly, but there are a few bugs that appear only for Japanese ebooks.
I attach some screenshots.
1) The first error (error 1 in the screenshots) appears on some Japanese ebooks when opening the file. I attached an ebook for which the error appears so that you can test it yourself.
2) The second error is viewed when using the arrow keys to change page. Basically now I can only "jump sections", but I cannot manage to turn page normally.

Thank you again for your support!
Warmest Regards,
Jacopo
Moderator Notice
Removed attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911 Error 1.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	173400   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911 Error 2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	173401  

Last edited by theducks; 09-11-2019 at 10:55 AM.
jhack-jos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:27 AM   #104
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@jhack-jos both of those are fixed in the next beta
Old 09-11-2019, 08:31 AM   #105
jhack-jos
jhack-jos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle / Calibre
Quote:
@jhack-jos both of those are fixed in the next beta
Great! I'll be looking forward to test the next beta!
Thank you!

Warmest Regards,
Jacopo
jhack-jos is offline   Reply With Quote