Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
FrozenTrout
FrozenTrout began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kobo Aura 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Kobo Aura (Walmart Edition) Case?

Hey, so I just ordered the “Walmart Exclusive Edition” Kobo Aura, and I want to get a case for it. This will be my first Kobo device, so I’m new to the scene. Does anyone know which model cases will fit it? Does it need an Aura case, or an Aura 2 case (or are they the same form factor)? Thanks!
FrozenTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenTrout View Post
Hey, so I just ordered the “Walmart Exclusive Edition” Kobo Aura, and I want to get a case for it. This will be my first Kobo device, so I’m new to the scene. Does anyone know which model cases will fit it? Does it need an Aura case, or an Aura 2 case (or are they the same form factor)? Thanks!
It'll need an Aura 2 case (it is an Aura 2). Walmart used to have cases for these — the fact that they don't advertise them now might mean they are selling these out.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:41 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenTrout View Post
The “Walmart Exclusive Edition” Kobo Aura is just the Kobo Aura Edition 2. You can order a case for it.

If the sleep screen just show Walmart, it can be easily changed to show the book cover instead. Just plug the device into your PC, navigate to the .kobo folder and find the file affiliate.conf. Open that with Notepad, Wordpad or something like that.

It'll show:
[General]
affiliate=Walmart

Update it to:
[General]
affiliate=Kobo

And you won't have to deal with the Walmart sleep screen any longer.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:37 AM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Aura has buttons on top where the Aura 2nd ed has them on Back. So make sure you order the correct one. Amazon has them.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:35 AM   #5
FrozenTrout
FrozenTrout began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kobo Aura 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it
FrozenTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Looks like you may have gotten one of the last "exclusive Walmart edition" Auras. There's now a hole in the Kobo lineup at Walmart (which, I'm guessing, is going to be filled with the Kobo Libra). If that's true, the cheapest Kobo will now be the $120 Clara.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote