Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #1126
jpas
jpas began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Hi, i tried to search but nothing found... When i turn off my kobo forma and then i turn it on the book i'm reading starts from the beginning.
Is there a fix for this?
Thanks
jpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:08 AM   #1127
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpas View Post
Hi, i tried to search but nothing found... When i turn off my kobo forma and then i turn it on the book i'm reading starts from the beginning.
Is there a fix for this?
That usually means the database on the device is corrupt. Unless you have a recent backup of the database, the solution is to sign out of the Kobo account on the device. This will remove the database and prompt you to do the setup again. Then it will reimport all sideloaded books on the device. Unfortunately, you will lose the reading status of all sideloaded books.

If it is only happening for some books, it might be a bug in firmware version 4.15.12920. This has a problem if any of the internal files in an epub are not in the ToC. If you close the book when in one of these chapters, it will reopen at the start of the book. And powering of will close the book. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next firmware release.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote