Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #1
skb
Addict
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you, Kovid. Calibre has changed my whole reading life

I was only thinking while reading the forum today how vital Calibre is to my ebook collection now.

Pre-Calibre, I used to get ebooks and convert them to plain text and then (when I got a new Palm Pilot), convert text into Repligo format (don't judge me).

Once I'd started on my ebook journey, there was no stopping me...except my lack of system. I had text everywhere. I had formats (PRC, LIT) waiting to be converted. There were duplications and worse.

Then things went bad. I got an iphone and it didn't run Repligo. Then Repligo up and went (they changed the format). I then cycled through various text viewer on the phone and even one ill considered "wiki" program.

Finally, I discovered Stanza (which I still miss). ePubs were the go. I came to MobileRead (which I remember from my glorious Palm Pilot days) and...there is was.

Enter Calibre. Not sure when it was that I started, but I was fully-Mac'd by then, so maybe...2010?

Now I've got a proper Library. With metadata (I love metadata). I now have an "auto-add" directory where I drag a HTML page and walla! ePub converted! Who knew that was even possible?

So, I'll stop rambling to thank Kovid for a fabulous program. And thanks too to the helpers here who answer question (some of whom I think I recognise from my PP days?). You all ROCK.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're most welcome

Making life easier for myself (as an inveterate reader) was the whole point of calibre and I am glad it performs the same service for others.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote