Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #1
Enkidu69
Enkidu69 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Night mode for E-book viewer

As title says, is there a night mode for E-book viewer?

I tried looking everywhere but can't find it. I can change background and text color fine but then the menu on the left and on top keep their bright color no matter what I do.

I'm on Windows 10 with system themes set to dark and it works fine in Firefox or Google, but in Calibre window and menus always keep bright color. Calibre is supposed to take the dark theme from Windows but it doesn't. Even with user interface style set to "system default".

Is there a way to make the menus dark? Everything else in Calibre works perfectly but this one thing is so annoying.
Enkidu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
windows 10 dark mode is not going to work with calibre, that is for UWP apps, not traditional win32 apps. But if you change your actual system color theme to dark colors as well, that will work.

Or just use the viewer in full screen mode, where it has no chrome.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
Enkidu69
Enkidu69 began at the beginning.

I tried that but it only changes the color on the window bar at the top while side bar and search bar are still bright.

Fullscreen helps yes, but I prefer to have all the system bars one click away.

This is just a minor annoyance but it would be nice to have night mode in Calibre. Or just being able to change color for bars and windows.
Enkidu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:23 AM   #4
chinax
chinax began at the beginning.

you don't know how much it would mean to me and migraines if you added dark mode as a standard setting
chinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:58 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well in calibre 4 the viewer has no bars or search bar, so you can use it in windowed mode as well, with no issues.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote