Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 09:15 PM   #1
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Calibre NOT returning Goodreads Metadata very often.

Greetings,

For the last couple of weeks Calibre has not been getting the metadata for Goodreads for the majority of books (it gets 1 for evey 10 it fails (could be more)). I end up having to manually enter the Goodreads ID (painful).

It has been working great. Has something changed with the plugin? I'm using Calibre 3.21 on Win 10.

If I drop only the title name into the search bar on Goodreads the title I am looking for generally always pops up, but Calibre can't seem to find it. I haven't changed the way I am doing anything.

Here is the error message I usually get. I notice it states "Plugin Goodreads failed". Looking forward to some answers. Thanks.

Code:
calibre, version 3.21.0
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click "Show details".

Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'identifiers': {u'mobi-asin': u'B077Y6FQWS'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Wetworld (Alien Rebellion Book 1)', u'authors': [u'John Triptych']} 
Using plugins: Goodreads (1, 1, 13) 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** Goodreads (1, 1, 13) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Goodreads took 2.00699996948 
Querying: http://www.goodreads.com/search?search_type=books&search[query]=Wetworld+John+Triptych
no isbn
response: <Element html at 0x1fcb202bae8>
Plugin Goodreads failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\identify.py", line 48, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads.__init__", line 158, in identify
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads.__init__", line 218, in _parse_search_results
IndexError: list index out of range 

******************************************************************************** 
The identify phase took 2.20 seconds 
The longest time (2.007000) was taken by: Goodreads 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest  publication dates from the worldcat.org service 
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
Old 04-16-2018, 10:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look in the thread for that plugin in the plugins sub-forum.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:12 AM   #3
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Thanks kovid,

I have found the correct page. (I searched for this before posting, but never struck it - typical! )

I will move my questions to there.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:38 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Chris_Snow: There was a recent change to the Goodreads site. I have fixed this and uploaded a beta that you can install from the thread Kovid is refering to. But, I'll arrange for the official release tonight or tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:19 AM   #5
Chris_Snow
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@Chris_Snow: There was a recent change to the Goodreads site. I have fixed this and uploaded a beta that you can install from the thread Kovid is refering to. But, I'll arrange for the official release tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks. I commented to the other thread.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:46 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
Thanks. I commented to the other thread.
Moderator Notice
Which is why I'm closing this one. See item 3 in the MR Posting Guidelines

BR
Closed Thread