Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-26-2017, 07:04 AM   #1
Aquinax
Banned
Aquinax began at the beginning.

Device: Aquinax
Editing azw3 FAILS

I've trouble editing the azw3 file. Trying to add image or file FAILS... ?

Last edited by Aquinax; 05-26-2017 at 07:28 AM.
Aquinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have trouble reading your mind. Actual details about what error you get would be nice.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #3
Aquinax
Banned

When I try to add an image to an azw3 and make it the cover, the cover doesn't show up on Kindle. Neither does the cover appear if I edit the cover image of the epub before I convert it to the azw3.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquinax View Post
When I try to add an image to an azw3 and make it the cover, the cover doesn't show up on Kindle. Neither does the cover appear if I edit the cover image of the epub before I convert it to the azw3.
Because Kindles refuse to OPEN to a cover. You can use the 'backpage' to get to the cover.

I can move THIS thread to the Kindle forum, for further assistance? on getting cover onto Kindles
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:41 PM   #5
Aquinax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Because Kindles refuse to OPEN to a cover. You can use the 'backpage' to get to the cover.

I can move THIS thread to the Kindle forum, for further assistance? on getting cover onto Kindles
I just managed to successfully convert the *edited* (with the right image) epub into azw3. My problem NOW is no matter what resolution I specify in the img tag, Kindle does NOT stretch the image to fill the whole screen (the image itself is 828x1250, Kindle 5 screen is 600x800 pixel?) ...

edit: don't know if it falls into the category of Kindle, or azw3 editing/Calibre problems?

Last edited by Aquinax; 05-26-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:06 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There doesn't seem to be any reliable way to display the cover when you open the KF8 eBook. I've gotten it to work sometimes by leaving out the guide, but that's not reliable.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:12 AM   #7
Aquinax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There doesn't seem to be any reliable way to display the cover when you open the KF8 eBook. I've gotten it to work sometimes by leaving out the guide, but that's not reliable.
I've managed to to put the cover properly by first properly editing the epub file before converting it to azw3 (it fills the whole height while retaining its resolution). What I failed at is to have the back cover do the same, no matter what size of image I import into, it's resized to 80-85% of the screen on Kindle. So I was just looking if the azw3 can be adjusted so that any image can be made to fill the screen - so haven't found out if a secure method exists ...