Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-01-2014, 05:23 AM   #1
AdielD
AdielD began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Unhappy Add/Edit UUID

Can you please add editing or adding a UUID. When a book does not have one, then I need to add one. It would be nice to have it below the ISBN on the edit metadata screen. Currently we only have the ISBN to add or edit on the screen. Please add the UUID as well to that screen.

Thanks.

Adiel
AdielD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
But a UUID is not really a forward-facing item like many of the other things in the metadata editor. An ebook needs an internal unique identifier, which can be assigned to numerous things (like the ISBN) or some custom designed numbering scheme (or a UUID if you like). But that's really for behind-the-scene OPF/NCX fiddling. Unlike the rest of the fairly basic items in the metadata editor.

I think it might be a handy to be able to (re)generate a UUID (and optionally do the necessary work to make it the ebook's unique id) from a tool menu, or perhaps with an editor plugin, but I'm not convinced the basic metadata editor is the place for it.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote