Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #46
jmaloney
Connoisseur
jmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader Touch
From http://ebookstore.sony.com/cardterms.html

Quote:
You must redeem your Promotional Code by the expiration date or "redeem by" date provided with your Promotional Code, if any. Then, a credit for downloads or a percentage discount on downloads as stated in the offer or promotion ("Credit") will be placed in your Account. Some Credits may expire if not used by a certain date. If a Credit will expire, the expiration date will be provided with the Promotional Code.
There's no expiration date listed anywhere on these gift cards.
jmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #47
jmaloney
Connoisseur
jmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-books

Sorry...that was for "Promotional Codes". The terms for "Prepaid Cards" (listed at the same link above) do not give any information about expiration dates. I think it's reasonable to assume that they will never expire.
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #48
Omega
Mostly lurking...
Omega began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
I have an update!

No, I have not heard back from Sony support. However, I did try the code when I got home after work. Same error.

Just tried it now, and it took the code. I can now see that the $25.00 has been added to the Reader Store Credits balance.

Last edited by Omega; 04-14-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #49
jmaloney
Connoisseur

Same here, Omega! No contact from Sony, but I tried out both of my cards this morning and they worked. Yay!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:08 PM   #50
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Just to add my own experience, I purchased a $25 gift card from Target yesterday morning. The clerk at the electronics counter had no idea they were on sale but it did ring up for just $15. The receipt indicated that activation was successful. Still, I decided to wait a few hours before trying to redeem. When I finally made the attempt late yesterday afternoon, I received an invalid code response. I called Sony customer support and they could not find the code number in their database. They gave me a support reference number and asked me to email a picture of the receipt and the card to the email address of support@ebookstore.sony.com. While I never received any additional contact from Sony, I tried to redeem the code again this morning and it worked fine.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 06:50 PM   #51
mykoffee
Enthusiast
mykoffee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I purchased three, activated them about an hour and a half later and they all worked. Squee!

Linda
mykoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #52
daisy76
daisy76 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader
I bought 6 for $90. I was going to buy more then I realized if my reader breaks will I get another Sony? In the year that I've had my reader, I've spent maybe $30 on books. I've been an avid fan of the library books. Not quite sure what I am going to do with $150. Go figure.
daisy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #53
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Sony epubs apparently work on the nook (they are excited about this deal on nookboards, for example) and probably others, unlike the DRM on the iPad that locks you into the hardware.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #54
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
My local Target was sold out. ::sniff:: I guess I'll either have to look farther afield or do without.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #55
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Sony epubs apparently work on the nook (they are excited about this deal on nookboards, for example) and probably others, unlike the DRM on the iPad that locks you into the hardware.
I am a nook owner and can confirm that yes indeed, Sony epubs can be read on the nook if you load them through ADE. On the flip side, I'm also of the school of thought that supports stripping DRM to port books to different devices for my own personal use. If you're in the same camp, then you can also very easily remove the DRM and port the book to whichever ePub compatible device you like.
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #56
lisadawn
lisadawn began at the beginning.

Device: original kindle,k3,sony 530,classic nook(sold), nc(sold)nook touch
Can you read books from the sony store on a pb360??
lisadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #57
kceb10
kceb10 doesn't litterkceb10 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-900
purchased 4 cards yesterday and activated them all about 30min after purchased and all worked just fine.

this was just to good of a deal to pass up, i'm probaly going to go and pick up a few more before the sale ends.
kceb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #58
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
God help me, I just bought four more for a total of eight. And I tested them and they work fine. No problems
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #59
Camann
Camann began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thirteen here....ten for me and three for my brother-in -law....do I win?
Camann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #60
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Picked up 2 cards. Maybe more tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!!
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote