Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Internet via mains supply??

I'm moving house very soon and don't want to install hundreds of meters of cables for my 2 desktops + 2 lappys so I'm contemplating in buying the Dynamode HOMEPLG-E85(TWIN) / Bridge / Homeplug Twin Pack apparently with this plugged to the electrical supply you get internet access, anyone have one of this?.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Not that product, but I did use the technology a few years back and replaced it with WiFi G. I had spotty results. They say it is much better now and the unit you referenced seems to address many of the weak areas I encountered.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 04:51 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
A friend has used a similar product with great success. (Connecting from router at one end of the house to computer at the other, when wireless connection wouldn't quite make it.)

http://www.solwise.co.uk/net-powerline-pl-85pe.htm

You can now get faster products as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I'm moving house very soon and don't want to install hundreds of meters of cables for my 2 desktops + 2 lappys so I'm contemplating in buying the Dynamode HOMEPLG-E85(TWIN) / Bridge / Homeplug Twin Pack apparently with this plugged to the electrical supply you get internet access, anyone have one of this?.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:27 AM   #4
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I did try using similar products about a year ago, with little success.
The transfer rate was varying a lot, with connection being impossible at some moments.

It may be due to the electric wiring in my appartment, although the appartment was built just 2 years ago.

I might try again in 2 months, when I have more free time in between jobs.

Short summary is :
they are great if they work for you, but it's not guaranteed
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
We didn't have to use it, we just put cables everywhere (yes, several hundred meters in fact...)

I'm still happy we did it, every room has at least 2, but most likely 6 connections. And then there's the wifi which I generally use for my laptop.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #6
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Next house / appartment we get, I plan to have network access in all the rooms.
At least if it's a new one we build or an old one we modify.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote