Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #61
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Seventy-nine is the 22nd prime number. The next is eighty-three.
Seventy-nine is a permutable prime, with ninety-seven.
79 is a Kynea number.
79 is the atomic weight of GOLD...
79 is palindromic and there is symmetry around the 79th digit of pi (which is 8): 628 620 8 998 628..
There were 79 unprovoked shark attacks reported around the world in the year 2000...
An Army Air Corps bomber crashed into floor 79 of the Empire State Building on July 28, 1945.
On page 79 of the novel Contact by Carl Sagan, it says that no astrophysical process is likely to generate prime numbers.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #62
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post

Just in case I forget, Laura Bush's birthday is Tuesday, so we're all chipping in and getting her an Eviction Notice...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #63
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
From BBC web-page; Pumpkins
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #64
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Seventy-nine is the 22nd prime number. The next is eighty-three.
Seventy-nine is a permutable prime, with ninety-seven.
79 is a Kynea number.
79 is the atomic weight of GOLD...
79 is palindromic and there is symmetry around the 79th digit of pi (which is 8): 628 620 8 998 628..
There were 79 unprovoked shark attacks reported around the world in the year 2000...
An Army Air Corps bomber crashed into floor 79 of the Empire State Building on July 28, 1945.
On page 79 of the novel Contact by Carl Sagan, it says that no astrophysical process is likely to generate prime numbers.
Just out of curiosity, how may provoked shark attacks were there?

Numbskull: Yo! Your mother bore you live, but your siblings were trying to eat you in utero!

Shark: That does it!

Numbskull: Argh!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #65
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, how may provoked shark attacks were there?

Numbskull: Yo! Your mother bore you live, but your siblings were trying to eat you in utero!

Shark: That does it!

Numbskull: Argh!
!!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #66
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

78. And the NY Times and Washington Post are free today and tomorrow on Amazon for Kindle owners.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #67
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Only 1 more day of incessant pre-recorded phone messages from candidates!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #68
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
78. And the NY Times and Washington Post are free today and tomorrow on Amazon for Kindle owners.
For what it's worth, I read somewhere that the Guardian UK is now providing "full" newsfeeds rather than the partial stories most news sites provide. Thought it might be of interest to those who like to get their news that way.

Cheers,
Marc (A serious post...shame it's not a serious thread...does that break something?)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #69
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
The existing president. He remains president (unless removed by death, impeachment, or agreed to incapacity) until the next president is sworn in.
Now, see where I have a problem with that, is that I can't imagine anyone really thinking that GW Bush has "capacity" in even the broadest sense of the word. I mean really .... I have known severely mentally disabled people who had more capacity than the current sitting President.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 PM   #70
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Now, see where I have a problem with that, is that I can't imagine anyone really thinking that GW Bush has "capacity" in even the broadest sense of the word. I mean really .... I have known severely mentally disabled people who had more capacity than the current sitting President.
Yes, but you're forgetting Cheney. He has capacity and wields it effectively, though perhaps not in a way you or I may like. It's the Charlie McCarthy show all over again. Edgar Bergen was hardly ever noticed.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #71
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post

Read precisely - agreed to incapacity. GW does not agree he is incapacitated.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:40 AM   #72
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
btw, who the heck is Obamas candidate for VP?

I mean Mrs. Palin is very visible, but I have no idea who is running together with Obama? A very invisible person?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #73
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Joe Biden. He's a multi-term senator from Delaware.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #74
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I voted for Coke Classic. It's the choice of an old, bitter & cynical generation!

Cheers,
Marc (Veteran of the Cola Wars)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #75
pshrynk

77. Sunset Strip? No days!

If you live in the USA, go and vote for the candidate whom you feel best lines up with your moral and political values. If you don't vote, don't bitch about the outcome.

I voted. #19 in my precinct. There was a line. There is never a line. This is exciting!

Tags
unutterable silliness