Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-13-2015, 11:51 PM   #1
gsd2012
gsd2012 began at the beginning.

Device: nonne
Creating a Library type set of Categories

I have over a million ebooks and I want to put them into categories (ex. Fiction, Non-Fiction, Military, Cooking, etc) sort of like a book store would if you went into places like Barnes and Noble or Books-a-Million. I am very new to Calibre but I love how it does with getting all the information for the books but how can I get them to go into categories like this? Any help would be great!

gsd2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:13 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@gsd2012 - Have a look at Managing subgroups of books, for example “genre”

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2015, 11:45 AM   #3
gsd2012

Thank you I will check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Old 09-14-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How did you manage to acquire more and one million eBooks?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Project Gutenberg?

The question is Why? Book Hoarding?
I may be up to 5000 books read... In my Life (I got my Library card in the 3rd grade. I am now a ornery senior citizen )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2015, 03:11 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
fan fiction (maybe), public domain documents (definitely)
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:48 PM   #7
gsd2012

People give them to me and been storing them for years just now getting around sorting them.

Quote:
Old 09-14-2015, 03:48 PM   #8
gsd2012

Correct and other sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
fan fiction (maybe), public domain documents (definitely)
Old 09-14-2015, 03:51 PM   #9
gsd2012

Oh I have not read that many I keep getting different genre of books from people and places I just stored them. Now got such a large library I need to sort and make them available to my kids for school use. Mainly use most for references and some reading. I have been collecting for years now. Being in the field I am in I need books to reference from time to time plus most of them come in handy when kids have a report to do or I did when I went to college. No hoarding just build a good digital library for go to books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Project Gutenberg?

The question is Why? Book Hoarding?
I may be up to 5000 books read... In my Life (I got my Library card in the 3rd grade. I am now a ornery senior citizen )

Last edited by gsd2012; 09-14-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Tags
categories, category