Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Library Management

I have converted almost 100 books, Is there an easy way to remove the pdf from the library and put it in another location without disturbing the file structure? I really didnt want to individually drag and drop each book.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no file structure. All files are stored in a database. Your original files are not touched by calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Thank You, I just thought that since it displayed both lrf and pdf for formats when you select a book that both were in the library.

JJ
Old 07-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Thank You, I just thought that since it displayed both lrf and pdf for formats when you select a book that both were in the library.

JJ
Yes they are. You can delete individual format from each book. I just can't remember exactly how right now, I don't have calibre on this PC. But, there is a screen you can pop-up from a select book on your list that will show you the file/formats that are in the database. From there you can delete one or more of them.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Thanks, Bob
I guess I can delete them I am just ending up with multiple files all over the place because I have went conversion crazy, I have taken all my Non DRM books and just for fun have been converting them for all the Readers!

JJ
Advert
Old 07-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Thanks, Bob
I guess I can delete them I am just ending up with multiple files all over the place because I have went conversion crazy, I have taken all my Non DRM books and just for fun have been converting them for all the Readers!

JJ
Well, you can delete all those files. Calibre stores everything in a single database file. (SQlite db I think). So, delete all your files, then use calibre's save to disk feature to archive them all to your file system and for importing to other software viewers if needed.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote