Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
ErikaGC
ErikaGC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Exclamation I can't send emails from my Kindle Fire HD

For some time now I haven't been able to send emails, I keep getting an error message that says Sign in Error on the notification bar. I changed the password for my Gmail account and signed in again, but I keep getting the same message. Then I removed the account and added it again, but that didn't work either.
I am able to see that I have new emails, but I can't send anything.
ErikaGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaGC View Post
For some time now I haven't been able to send emails, I keep getting an error message that says Sign in Error on the notification bar. I changed the password for my Gmail account and signed in again, but I keep getting the same message. Then I removed the account and added it again, but that didn't work either.
I am able to see that I have new emails, but I can't send anything.
Do you have two step verification enabled on gmail? If so you will need to generate a device password for the app. It can only be used once so make sure you set the app to remember the password.

You will also need to authorize the app on your gmail account it should do this when you sign in ask if Amazon can have access to your account.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
ErikaGC
ErikaGC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Do you have two step verification enabled on gmail? If so you will need to generate a device password for the app. It can only be used once so make sure you set the app to remember the password.

You will also need to authorize the app on your gmail account it should do this when you sign in ask if Amazon can have access to your account.
What if I don;t have two step verification? I have removed the account numerous times and nothing seems to be working. It was completely fine. This is already the second Kindle I own, since I had to return the first one because it wouldn't connect to my computer even after a factory reset.
ErikaGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaGC View Post
What if I don;t have two step verification? I have removed the account numerous times and nothing seems to be working. It was completely fine. This is already the second Kindle I own, since I had to return the first one because it wouldn't connect to my computer even after a factory reset.
Then I would log into gmail and go to your account settings and revoke access to the app and then reauthorize it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote