Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #46
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@Pepin33 - that's a pretty ugly CSV file . This plugin actually uses a standard python library (csv) to read the file. Looks like it doesn't handle this situation...
Lousy logic on someones part
A real trailing quote should always be:
1) followed by a comma.
2)followed by the (EOL sequence)

A real opening quote:
1)The first character on a line
2)Follow a comma

IIRC even Excel (7) has problems with commas inside strings
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #47
Pepin33
Zealot
Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Lousy logic on someones part
A real trailing quote should always be:
1) followed by a comma.
2)followed by the (EOL sequence)

A real opening quote:
1)The first character on a line
2)Follow a comma
I agree with that. And Notepad++ for example handles the CSV correctly even when having quotes inside data fields when using opening and trailing quotes.
Pepin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #48
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Pepin33 - could you post a sample CSV file where this causes you a problem? And include a screenshot or save/export your settings for that file so I can see them? As I just gave this a quick whirl using the example line in your initial post and it works ok for me in that it does not mess up the trailing columns.

There were two minor problems I did notice. The first was that in the Contents view on the left side it does mess up the display of quotes for that particular column (if you have the Unquote option checked which you normally would). Secondly on the right hand side when it displays the Preview results the internal quotes are removed completely as though they never existed if you happen to assign the internal quotes column to a Title field (as I have hard-coded logic that removes those).

However the following column was correctly picked up so everything was still as functional as I would expect? This was with the Unquote option checked btw.

Last edited by kiwidude; 12-11-2012 at 05:41 AM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #49
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
Ahh yet another plugin that is awesome. I would like to request help from someone to bring in a list from a website. The website is http://www.sirenpublishing.com/ and I would like to create a list of their different Imprint catalogs (links bottom left). I am doing a class and this list would be so much help, I just can't even begin to figure out how to do it and doing it the way I have, cutting and pasting, is taking forever.

If someone is willing to help I would be extremely grateful. Thank you
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:56 AM   #50
Penny_Dreadful
Connoisseur
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Error

I'm trying to pull my amazon wishlist into Calibre using this plugin, the url is http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...ref=cm_sw_su_w and the xpath I am trying to use are
Code:
rows: //div[@class="lineItemGroup"]
title: div/span[@class="small productTitle"]
author: div[@class="lineItemPart"]
When I try to preview I get the error
Code:
calibre, version 0.9.18
ERROR: Failed to process page: Failed to parse page:
'HtmlElement' object has no attribute 'strip'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.import_list.tab_webpage", line 791, in _preview_rows
AttributeError: 'HtmlElement' object has no attribute 'strip'
Is this something I have messed up or have I found a bug?

The other problem I am having is that I don't have any ID:type in my field import options, how do I add those to my Calibre library so they show up here?

Thanks for any help.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #51
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Penny_Dreadful - sorry for the delay. The reason it didn't work for you is because your xpath was not actually selecting the text within the node you were just pointing it at a parent node.

Try the following to get an Amazon.com wishlist page to work:
Code:
rows: //div[@id="item-page-wrapper"]//div[@class="lineItemGroup"]
title: div/span[@class="small productTitle"]/strong/a/text()
authors: div[@class="lineItemPart"]/span[@class="authorPart"]/text()
Old 03-04-2013, 05:02 AM   #52
Penny_Dreadful
Connoisseur
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
No problem with the delay Thank you for the help I was pretty sure I was doing something wrong!
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #53
captpete
captpete began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (2017)
Here's something for the Wishlist: I have the Project Gutenberg DVD (~40K Books). While it's easy to import the books into a new Calibre Library the book titles are displayed by PG's number or alphanumeric ID and there is no other metadata displayed. The books are mostly Text and/or HTML format with some exceptions. PG publishes a listing of all their books as either a text, XML/RDF or MARC Records file which includes the required title/author/ID, etc. Is it possible to create an import list from that file that will import the numbered books from the DVD and add the correct metadata from the list. Would probably work with their other CD/DVD's too.

Here's the relevant url's:
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenb...nd_DVD_Project
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenb...fline_Catalogs

PG also has several lists on their website (with books in ePub, Mobi, etc. formats), could they be made into an import list?

Online Catalog: http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/

Top 100: http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/scores/top

RSS feed of recent books: http://www.gutenberg.org/feeds/today.rss
captpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #54
up2echo
up2echo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Import List Plug-In - How to import personal comments/notes from csv book list

Hi

I apologize if this topic has already been covered (I couldn't find it), just point me to the right place. Otherwise...

I am in the process of moving information in my Excel book list (in csv format) into Calibre via the Calibre import list plug-in (creating empty books as needed). But I haven't been able to figure out how to get my personal book comments/notes from the csv file into Calibre, sadly.

Even though I can select 'comments' (or 'tags') as a field in the plug-in and the import list plug-in recognizes the correct csv column where I have my personal book comments, that data doesn't make it into Calibre. That is, I can't see it in the main Calibre library view of all my books, and even activating the 'comments' column in preferences doesn't let me see them. For all intents and purposes, it looks like my personal notes aren't imported.

Any help would be much appreciated, but please keep in mind that I have zero experience in programming, "computer language", creating custom plug-ins, etc (I'm probably your worst nightmare)

Thanks!
up2echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:01 AM   #55
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@up2echo - welcome to MobileRead.

How about adding a couple of screenshots to your post, so we can see your settings? Specifically of your csv tab, where you have setup the comments column for importing. Does it appear on the right hand side where you see the preview of all the columns and data actually available to be imported?
Old 04-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #56
up2echo

So with fresh eyes today, I realized that I can import my comments/notes as tags, at least for empty books I create, but not for books that already exist in my Calibre libary. But I can't get my notes into Calibre's 'comments' column, which is where I'd prefer to have them so as not to overwrite any tags from other sources.

So my two issues are (1) importing my comments/notes from a csv file into Calibre's comments column (and getting that column to be visible, which is not happening, see last screenshot), not the tag column, and (2) importing my comments/notes into books already listed in my Calibre library.

(Let me know if there is a better way to show my screen prints than uploading them as pics)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen1.png
Views:	778
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	103990   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen2.png
Views:	766
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	103991   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen3.png
Views:	722
Size:	305.0 KB
ID:	103992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen4.png
Views:	723
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	103993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen5.png
Views:	753
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	103994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen6.png
Views:	740
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	103995  
Old 04-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #57
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

You can't display comments as a column in calibre, that is a limitation built into calibre, nothing to do with this plugin. You can view comments either on the book details panel or edit metadata view.

If you want to replace the comments for existing books in your library, then at step 2 of the import list wizard you need to select all those matched books, then click on the blue metadata I icon on the right. Select the comments column, then click ok. You should now see the comments data updated on that wizard screen, and completing the wizard will update it officially on those books in your library.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #58
up2echo

That helped but still some issues

I didn't realize that I can't import my personal comments/notes into the comments column in Calibre. I do see my comments in the book details panel and edit metadata view now, as you pointed out. Thank you kiwidude!

I have two follow-up questions - For some reason, the import list plug-in isn't loading my comments anymore, see new screen prints #2 & #3.
Also, I have books that I can't import at all (screen print #1), the 'next' button in step 1 won't activate. These books come from the same master csv list that I had broken down into smaller lists so that the plug-in will take them (doesn't seem to like big lists), and from which I've uploaded almost my entire book list. But even an excerpt of 5 books from the original csv list won't work now.

Would you know what is going on with these two issues?

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	712
Size:	301.2 KB
ID:	103997   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	719
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	103998   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	698
Size:	306.9 KB
ID:	103999  
Old 04-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #59
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@up2echo...

The plugin will not automatically overwrite values in a column (such as comments) for books that already exist in your library. As I mentioned above you have to select the books in step 2 of that wizard for which you want to update the metadata (i.e. replace the comments with those from your imported list) and click on the blue i button.

As for your second issue, every book must have a title. That top book does not.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:12 AM   #60
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have a list in this form "author - title (book-no)" eg "Hilary Mantel - Bring Up the Bodies (97)"

By definition all the books in the list are in the library. I'm OK with getting them matched up - there are a few mismatches due to 'odd' titles etc but they're easily resolved.

When I get to the dialogue with the Edit Metadata button all I see is Title and Author.

What I want to do is to update a yes/no custom column (Fix Cover) on the books in the list to 'Yes', I don't care what the current value is (its probably undefined) so I don't want it to play any role in the matching process

How can I do that?

One idea I had was to have an option to Mark the Books a'la the Temp Marker plug in, then I can do whatever I want in regular Calibre bulk metadata edit

BTW this plug is a 'work of art'

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-16-2013 at 04:02 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
column types