Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #1
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Delicious Library

Does anyone else use it?

I put in the ISBN from all of my E-books and then have a virtual library and in the info section of the book I put a shortcut to my digital file.

Its great find it here http://www.delicious-monster.com/
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
PHugger
Connoisseur
PHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle 3G, Sony PRS-505
I haven't ever seen Delicious before. I use Movie Collector from COLLECTORZ.COM for my DVDs and VHS tapes. My daughter who is a school teacher uses their Book Collector software for her classroom library. It's a real time saver for my movies. When entering a new movie I can simply scan the barcode and have it lookup the movie and download everything from a choice of a dozen different sources. The result is an IMDB-like database. Keeping all 700 movies accessible is a challenge, but my youngest daughter works in the library and seems to enjoy keeping the shelves in order.

I haven't quite gotten to that point for my books yet and the Sony eBook Library program as feeble as it is, provides enough organization to keep things running smoothly.

PCH
PHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Problem is that you forgot to mention that this program is OS X only.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, like everybody else in this forum who usually forget to mention that a program or a method is Windows only.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Yes, like everybody else in this forum who usually forget to mention that a program or a method is Windows only.
Very true. We (collective We) do need to get that problem sorted.
Advert
Old 01-06-2008, 09:49 AM   #6
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Quote:
Thats not the problem! the problem is some people still insist on running other operating systems

sorry yes it is OSX only, itis very good though.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

What I am looking for is software to run with Windows, I might have to do this by hand in an access database and manually enter the data.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #8
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Readerware runs on both, and will look up most of the details from an ISBN manually entered or barcoded.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Does Readerware support ebooks? Can I tell it I have the ebook in LRF, PRC, HTML0, LIT, HTML, etc.???
Old 01-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #10
stustaff
Wizard

Quote:
What I am looking for is software to run with Windows, I might have to do this by hand in an access database and manually enter the data.
why not use libprs? that does everything you just said you need doesnt it?
Old 01-06-2008, 11:48 AM   #11
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Readerware -- an image

Quote:
Does Readerware support ebooks? Can I tell it I have the ebook in LRF, PRC, HTML0, LIT, HTML, etc.???
Here is an a screen capture of one entry in my Readerware program. In the dropdown where it reads "Hardcover" in the image, there is an entry for "eBook". Truthfully, I just started with eBooks and never thought to use my Readerware to catalogue the few I have acquired.

BTW, all of the book information you see, including the image of the cover, was obtained by Readerware; all I did was originally enter the ISBN.

You can add your comment about which format the eBook is in on the Location or Condition lines. And you can sort by condition.

Last edited by rhadin; 06-27-2008 at 01:48 PM.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
Does anyone else use it?

I put in the ISBN from all of my E-books and then have a virtual library and in the info section of the book I put a shortcut to my digital file.

Its great find it here http://www.delicious-monster.com/
It's lovely. Makes me want to buy a Mac!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #13
stustaff
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
It's lovely. Makes me want to buy a Mac!
A lot of mac software does that, its what made me get one, that and the price of apple laptops compared to the equivalent PC's.

the best thing about delicios is with 'real' books you just wave the bar code past the isight and it adds it all in its very cool to do.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Here is an a screen capture of one entry in my Readerware program. In the dropdown where it reads "Hardcover" in the image, there is an entry for "eBook". Truthfully, I just started with eBooks and never thought to use my Readerware to catalogue the few I have acquired.

BTW, all of the book information you see, including the image of the cover, was obtained by Readerware; all I did was originally enter the ISBN.

You can add your comment about which format the eBook is in on the Location or Condition lines. And you can sort by condition.
In the format field, can you put in multiple formats?
Old 01-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #15
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
the best thing about delicios is with 'real' books you just wave the bar code past the isight and it adds it all in its very cool to do.
That's all you have to do with Readerware, as well -- either type in or scan in the ISBN and the program gets everything for you. And if it is the bookcover view you want, Readerware has it as well (see below, which is a screen capture of one of my Readerware databases in cover view). Readerware is a great program for cataloging on Windows. FWIW, Readerware offers 3 programs: 1 for books, 1 for audio, and 1 for video.

Last edited by rhadin; 06-27-2008 at 01:48 PM.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote