Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
For the Fire, see:

"Two years down the line – when the battery decides to go kaput – it will be significantly easier to replace the battery in the Kindle Fire than its Apple competitor."

I don't expect these devices to be easy to fix. And I don't expect the manufacturer to provide repair instructions. I do expect it to be possible to fix common problems seen in gentle use.

As far as I can tell, the Kindle 4 NT is unique among eReaders in that it is glued together so that taking it apart destroys it. Hopefully this will not start a trend.
Apple actually has a policy on iPads. Send it in and pay 100 bucks. Amazon had a similar policy for early Kindles I believe (60 bucks).

I called Amazon 2 times when the Fire was released. They have no battery replacement policy. Maybe they will add one down the road. Maybe you can tear your tablet apart and replace it with a 3rd party replacement. I'm not comfortable buying one with those nebulous options.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote