Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: The MobileRead Literary Book Club October 2011 Vote
The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams 5 29.41%
Candida by George Bernard Shaw 3 17.65%
Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard 3 17.65%
Peer Gynt by Henrik Ibsen 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #31
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^I'll probably go down that path if the library's option doesn't look to good. It seems like forever since I read a book on my e-reader. What is up with this paper thing?
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #32
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I found the full text here. In English.
I also found a French edition in pdf. I could put it in dropbox if someone likes the idea of it.
The quintessence of Ibsenism (1891) by Bernard Shaw, is available on Internet Archive.

Last edited by beppe; 10-05-2011 at 09:08 AM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #33
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Just for fun, and the music inspired by Peer Gynt. Hall of the Mountain King as rendered by The Who:

Old 10-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #34
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura

Could not see your video from the UK, but found their version here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmWNO-pNzEE
and thank you Beppe, too, for the tip and link!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #35
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Would anyone like to volunteer to lead discussion in the thread for Peer Gynt which I'll be starting on the 17th?
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 07:31 AM   #36
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi Sunsurfer,
I feel respondible for it because I was the one to propose it, but I am lagging a bit behind as work has been really taking over all the sapre time lately - I should be ready in a couple of days, but very happy if anyone else wants to "open the dances" before then.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #37
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
No problem, paola! No one ever needs to feel obligated because they nominated something. We can always just as well have a leaderless discussion if need be.

But paola if you still want to help lead discussion once you finish, the thread will be there!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book club, literary, literature, plays, voting