Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-31-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
2.8.1 Reading list - Ghost books

Kobo 2.8.1.

I have hit a bit of an oddity. My Glo is set up with a shelf named "Reading List", this is normally populated using Calibre's Reading List plugin. One of my Books which has been added to the list is "White Nights" by Dostoyevsky and this correctly appears on the Glo in the list.

However there is another entry in the list for "White Nights" with Author Unknown. This one has an entry on the RH side "Buy Now", however if I follow that link it fires up WiFi and takes me to an "Oops" page in the Kobo Storefront and getting out of there seems to be a problem as there is no "Home" button. There is no option to remove the book from the Shelf.

Thoughts on removing this extraneous entry would be appreciated. If I remove the proper (sideloaded) book from the shelf (just using the Glo, not Calibre), the "ghost" copy disappears but another book then gets the same treatment and a "ghost" copy of that arrives in the Reading list shelf.

I have run a check on the Kobo database - no errors and have also compressed the database.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have seen something like that when Kobo had sent a recommendation for a book I had an epub for. It would also need the driver to be configured to show recommendations. In that case, the recommended book matches a book in the library and gets put into a shelf with the real book. But, I'm sure I fixed that a while ago.

Why it led to an "oops" I don't know. It probably means the details stored for the recommendation have expired.

If I had a look at the database, it could help to work it out.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Thanks for the offer to look at the database but I think I may have solved it. I realised that there was only one shelf that suffered from the problem although the same books appeared in more than one shelf, and that the problem stayed with the shelf and moved to another book when I removed the offending book.

"Recommendations" is not and has never been set in my driver options. All my books are side-loaded Kepubified ones.

I have now removed the "Reading List" shelf and created a new shelf managed by the Reading List Extension which I have named "To Read". I've populated that shelf with all the books that were in the old shelf and synched the reader. At present the problem has not re-occurred.

So I'm now wondering if there is something special about the name "Reading List" for a shelf.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote