Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Free Poetry book

(update) it is free once again (after a little hiccup yesterday) and thank you to everyone on this forum for your support. I greatly appreciate the support in this endeavor.

Product Description
Ramblings of an Anxious Mind invites readers to witness the emotional evolution as a man confronts his soldier experience. It is a solid premiere from a talented writer, and I couldn't help but read it cover to cover in one sitting. I look forward to Johnson's future work.

-Adria Amos, poet (author of Shadow Puppets)

A chapbook of poems from the mind of a veteran living with anxiety, PTSD and Gulf War Illness. It is a sampling of the roller coaster called life. The many ups and many downs and all of the loops in between. It is a small sampling of the light and dark we all encounter within ourselves as well as in those around us.
While some poems in the chapbook are dark in nature and show the struggles of the author as he fights to keep sane, others tell a story of victory and bring light to the dark. From war to whimsical, this chapbook brings to life the ramblings of an anxious mind.

(29 Jan 12 update) Free for the Kindle

http://www.amazon.com/Ramblings-Anxi...7789348&sr=1-1

Last edited by kikar; 01-30-2012 at 06:19 AM.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:15 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks, Kikar.

I'm in the throes of formatting a book of poetry for a friend, and have downloaded your ebook for comparison. And as an ardent pacifist who has two brothers who were destroyed by their military service I'm interested in your experiences.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Thank you for your service kikar. I have two cousins who also served over there.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This was my way of dealing with issues i had upon returning home. I used to write and toss it because i found writing therapeutic. I enjoyed writing before joining the Army and going to war and I put a few of those poems in the book ( you can definitely tell which ones ). My therapist said for me to bare my soul and publish the poems I didn't throw away on a blog or on amazon.

So I first put it up on Amazon but they don't seem to let independent authors set their price at free. So it is .99 on amazon and Smashwords let's you do coupon codes so I put the book on smashwords. I hope people enjoy reading the parts that are pre war poetry and understand that war can turn a hawk into a dove. That when a soldier comes home from war they have a new battle to fight and that is the one that rages in their mind.

My therapist was right it is therapeutic and who knows maybe I will make enough off of Amazon to pay for one of his sessions. But I wanted to give the book to friends and family and that includes fellow mobilereaders.

This whole experience has been good and it has me wanting to finish a novel I started years ago. Thanks everyone here for your support in this endeavor.

Last edited by kikar; 06-15-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
kikar
Zealot

I am going ahead and pubbing it on Barnes and Noble as well. It should be available in the next 24 - 72 hours
Old 07-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
kikar
Zealot

As part of the Smashword sale this book is once again free with the coupon code SSWSF
Old 01-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
kikar
Zealot

I updated the OP to reflect that the book is now free for the kindle to celebrate the paperback release.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:10 AM   #8
kikar
Zealot

Seems there was a snafu with Amazon and the book was not free yesterday as it should have been. That little hiccup has been addressed and the book is now free once more.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to download it. I am glad amazon is letting me offer it for free and I appreciate the support from readers and authors on this forum.