Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question Is it possible to sort a custom column like authors or title?

Hey, two questions in the very same hour....

Related to my former post (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125614), I've added two more custom columns to my database ("Text, column shown in the tag browser" kind):
  • Translator(s) (#translators). The translator (when known) of the book
  • Original Title (#original_title). The original title for translated books.

As you can imagine I would like Translator(s) to be sorted like authors (even having the auxiliary "Translator Sort" field), and Original Title like Title (even with its auxiliary "Original Title sort").

Is it possible?

in advance
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Not as trivially as clicking on the column header of one column and sorting on another. However, you can of course sort by the second column easily.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If it is not easily doable with the current software, may I suggest it as a possible enhancement?

I mean, please, Kovid Goyal and friends, add new "Custom Columns" types if you feel like it useful:
  • Author like
  • Title like

They would behave exactly like their parent types so, as example, with my #translator field I would also get:
  • It's associated, and internally managed, #translator_sort field
  • The right behaviour of & as union of several people names.
  • The right "Manage Translators" option and dialogue (with it's two columns) when you right-click over it on tag browser.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote