Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-14-2017, 02:37 AM   #961
iDron
Banned
iDron began at the beginning.

Device: none
I need in plugin for change size of images in deDRM AZW3 files. There is something?
iDron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #962
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDron View Post
I need in plugin for change size of images in deDRM AZW3 files. There is something?
If there is no active DRM, the Calibre Editor has a Image tool to that can resize or crop Images. It is a manual tool. 1 image at a time.

You could Unpack the AZW3, and use a Batch Image tool (I use Paintshop Pro), then repack
As always BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP (the book) before clicking
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2017, 12:10 AM   #963
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
A way to edit the identifiers

No matter how I try to get to the identifiers, I can't seem to edit them without having to scrap the whole line. Is there someone who can create a plugin that transforms the line into an editable list? I am thinking along the lines of how tags are edited....

I have too many different identifiers (25) and I can't seem to be able to clean them up.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:46 AM   #964
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
No matter how I try to get to the identifiers, I can't seem to edit them without having to scrap the whole line. Is there someone who can create a plugin that transforms the line into an editable list? I am thinking along the lines of how tags are edited....

I have too many different identifiers (25) and I can't seem to be able to clean them up.
No need for this - it's built in

Right click in the Id's field in metadata edit dialogue and select "Edit Identifiers in a dedicated window' and you'll have an editable list.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #965
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Identifier Manager

This would probably do well integrated with Quality Check or job spy.

Being able to check and change all the current identifiers would be so helpful in making sure books are consistent across libraries.

I may be mistaken, but it seems like changing the identifiers in a book is next to impossible without scrapping the whole line.

Right now, for a suspected reason (requesting mobi-asin numbers for non-mobi books) I have a Jim Butcher title with an mobi-asin:

Title: Proven Guilty
Authors: Jim Butcher
Formats: MOBI
Mobi Asin: 28ca63c6-7642-42b5-bce7-06c1daf57325

This is obviously not the correct mobi-asin.

Being able to go through and locate obviously wrong, or missing identifiers as well as having the ability to remove/or replace them would be so helpful in identifying duplicates within libraries, as well as simply having properly identified books.

It seems that each metadata source uses the same specialized format for their identifiers, and some standard identifiers are the same across the board (isbn, mobi-asin)so a plug in that is able to recognize when an identifier is incorrect based on that doesn't seem too difficult.

For checking to see if there are missing identifiers, having the plugin set to show books with or without specific identifiers is much easier than going to the identifier list on the browser bar. Dealing with that is hit or miss on good days and a waste of time on others. I can't tell you how many times I look to see if there are any books with a single specific format and get books that have not only other formats, but the actual format I was searching for wasn't even listed (and yes it was a "minus" and not a "check" so I must be doing something wrong)

Merging it with a current plugin (quality check, duplicate finder, for example) and allowing the automating keying of identifiers (for the details page) as well as allowing the identifiers to be seen, removed, or replaced outside the actual metadata box (perhaps like tags are shown) would be so helpful in many areas of library management.

So the general request would be

Recognizing incorrect, or missing identifiers

Being able to see all identifiers in metadata edit, or other field similar to the way Calibre uses already for tags in metadata fields (with only removing identifiers)

Being able to add any identifier via clipboard and not just isbn

Being able to automatically key identifiers to show in details pane.

I guess thats pretty much it.

If this feature is already around, I would love to know.

Last edited by Rellwood; 01-30-2017 at 05:08 PM. Reason: I am such a dolt. Didn't see your reply @BetterRed. Although I still would like the identification or missing or invalid
Advert
Old 02-13-2017, 06:48 AM   #966
MiLLeNNium71
MiLLeNNium71 began at the beginning.

Device: PC + Calibre
Hello! I use the calibre 2.72 and library are available by content-server.
Is there any plugin to follow the ip-address of device, who connected to content-server and which book he read?
MiLLeNNium71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #967
PersianBlue
PersianBlue began at the beginning.

Device: Generic
[B]TTS integration needed[/B]... severely!

don't you think that the e-book viewer is missing a huge and important feature like a TTS FEATURE?!
if I could write/code plug-ins I would but unfortunately, I can't but I don't think it's a very hard thing to do. cuz you know, like google chrome and firefox extensions which use the windows built-in TTS engine to read the text aloud calibre can use it too(either as a native feature in its ebook viewer or as a plugin.
honestly, I really found it odd that calibre(e-book viewer) doesn't have a TTS feature and can't convert text to speech(read texts aloud) -after searching and not finding a feature/plugin for doing so.
it's a very handy feature and without it, my reading speed is as slow as hell. it's so bad that I open my ebooks in firefox just to have that feature. I wonder if it's only me that demands such a feature!
btw excuse my bad writing/mistakes(if any) cuz I'm really sleepy @ the time of writing this!
thank you guys in advance
PersianBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:29 PM   #968
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@PersianBlue - try this ==>> [Viewer Plugin]Text to Speech

FWIW - I use Balabolka, via the built in Open With feature, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	155163

As you can see I've assigned the Shift+B keyboard shortcut to Balabolka.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:11 AM   #969
casteroil
casteroil began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I'm already on it

I'm already on this. i have a voice recognition and a text to speech backend working. its below a tolerable threshold for recognition but its almost there. Offline voice recognition is surprisingly a little better than the online mode. Still needs work but i have it almost ready. the grammatical parsing engine is great but it is difficult to implement.
casteroil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:23 AM   #970
Rellwood

Amazon Audible Sync

Would be nice if I could sync with Audible to match books in my library with Audio versions. Custom Column check y/n

Wish list features..

Percent listened/last date/ status (shown on manage content on Audible)

Check against library for books with available audible versions and differentiate between Whispersync and Audible versions available
Old 02-28-2017, 04:27 AM   #971
Rellwood

Kindle Unlimited?

Check for Kindle Unlimited versions of books in Library.

I often download a blank book with GR metadata from my "bookmark" shelf that indicates my interest in purchasing it. Would be nice if there was a sync feature that checks to see if books in my library are available in Kindle Unlimited.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:33 AM   #972
Rellwood

New Books available?

Too many authors to keep track of new releases.

Yes, GR has a New Release by authors I have read, but would be nice to have a column that populates if a new book in a series, or a new book by author is available and not in my library.

As it stands now I have to remember to check Amazon for any new releases by favorite authors "manually". My lazy self wants a plugin to do it for me....
Old 02-28-2017, 04:51 AM   #973
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Check for Kindle Unlimited versions of books in Library.

I often download a blank book with GR metadata from my "bookmark" shelf that indicates my interest in purchasing it. Would be nice if there was a sync feature that checks to see if books in my library are available in Kindle Unlimited.
You can use the Overdrive Link plugin.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:24 AM   #974
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
BookBub.com

Quote:
Too many authors to keep track of new releases.

Yes, GR has a New Release by authors I have read, but would be nice to have a column that populates if a new book in a series, or a new book by author is available and not in my library.

As it stands now I have to remember to check Amazon for any new releases by favorite authors "manually". My lazy self wants a plugin to do it for me....
Yes, you for sure need to check the enormous capabilities and excellent support of the OverDrive plugin.

Also check out BookBub.com. It will track genres and even authors for you and email you when new books are released. Genres are a little awkward and not filter ability to keep out junk in a genre, but the author following is perfect for keeping an eye on your favorite writers and what they are up to.
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:07 PM   #975
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bookbub tracks discount eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe