Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #541
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Get rid of the banner that shows across the cover while in sleep mode, or at least an option to turn it off.

Allow less spacing between lines, the limit of it now means my 5" screen fits as much text as the 6" screen does.

Different dictionary choice for English. "Coup" is shown as "kop" rather than "koo" as one example.

Edit: One more, get rid of having to check a box to say "Yes, I plugged my reader into the USB because I really meant to plug my reader into the USB". That extra step to click OK is unnecessary. (Ignore this last edited one, didn't know there was a purpose to it.)

Last edited by Ripplinger; 04-23-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #542
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Edit: One more, get rid of having to check a box to say "Yes, I plugged my reader into the USB because I really meant to plug my reader into the USB". That extra step to click OK is unnecessary.
No it's not... That choice allows you to keep your Kobo charging while you are reading...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #543
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Thanks for that explanation. It's something I've never even wanted to do so never thought of that.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #544
deluja
deluja began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
By my opinion good ideas for kobo glo:
- night mode (dark background, bright letters)
- go to (by page number)
- custom searchable (on touch) dictionary (or at least ability to buy one)
- landscape mode for epubs and kebups...
Thanks for listening
deluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #545
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluja View Post
- custom searchable (on touch) dictionary (or at least ability to buy one)
Maybe this isn't what you're after, but if you tap and bring up the bottom menu in any book you're in, tap on the book icon and select "definition" you can enter any word you want to look up.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #546
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Maybe this isn't what you're after, but if you tap and bring up the bottom menu in any book you're in, tap on the book icon and select "definition" you can enter any word you want to look up.
Some of the languages don't allow this due to the license. French is on and I think Dutch is another.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #547
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Some of the languages don't allow this due to the license. French is on and I think Dutch is another.
You're right. I forgot about that. Thanks for pointing it out.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #548
deluja
deluja began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I didn't express myself clearly. what i suggest is that one could be able to buy a dictionary of language of its own liking (for instance russian) and that dictionary has to be searchable like the english one (built in one) on the tap of the word in book.
Or one to be able to buy different english dictionary (oxford, longman etc).

sorry for misinterpretation.
deluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #549
lsmod
lsmod began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Or it's possible to use open dictionaries or have an format to convert an open dictionary to it.

To search over the web would be also a fine solution.
There are so good online dictionaries like dict.cc
lsmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #550
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmod View Post
Or it's possible to use open dictionaries or have an format to convert an open dictionary to it.

To search over the web would be also a fine solution.
There are so good online dictionaries like dict.cc
I'm using a user created dictionary that is based on dict.cc on my glo atm.

Instructions on how to create it are here, it's in german but with a bit googletranslate you should be fine, it isn't complicated.

http://www.lesen.net/forum/ebook-rea...%C3%9Fer-firm/
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #551
lsmod
lsmod began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Ahh - Thank you!
German is no problem.

But it seems not to work with Version 2.5.0
lsmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #552
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
It works again with 2.5.1.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #553
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Please restore the functionality of the dictionaries:
  • use same font for the dictionary as is chosen for the book (Japanese characters are under FW 2.5.1 about one millimeter)
  • open the keyboard when pressing the left arrow
Please restore the generic cover page for kepub.epub books. Now (FW 2.5.1) it consists only of a little point.

Both worked nice under FW 2.4.0 and earlier.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:18 AM   #554
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Please restore the generic cover page for kepub.epub books. Now (FW 2.5.1) it consists only of a little point.

Both worked nice under FW 2.4.0 and earlier.
I have the point until I open the book, then the cover will appear in the carousel.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #555
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I have the point until I open the book, then the cover will appear in the carousel.
I see five little dots in the carousel, nothing else. Just to clarify, I am talking about generic page covers.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo