journeyman58 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/iPhone
Exclamation Error communicating with device: iTunes 10

I am experiencing an interesting problem

I am using:
Windows 7 Professional
Itunes 10.0.1.22
Calibre 0.7.23

When I click 'Send to Device' to send my ebook to iTunes I receive the following error:

(2, 'No such file or directory')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 69, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 376, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 964, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1324, in _create_new_book
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1893, in _get_device_book_size
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 721, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Downloads\\Books\\Brandon Sanderson\\The Way of Kings (34)\\The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson.epub'

The following is happening:

1. Calibre successfully sends to iTunes
2. The epub, originally located in the directory listed in the error, which was created when I added the book to Calibre, is moved to the author's name sub-directory
3. Error appears and click OK
4. In Calibre, I then click View icon and receive "ERROR: Cannot view: The Way of Kings has no available formats" confirming that Calibre is not aware of the new file location

This occurs for ALL files I 'Send to Device'.

While this isn't critical, it does mess with the library being able to manage the books.

Thanks for any help.
journeyman58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Review the 'Calibre + iPad: Start here' thread, try the 'Connect to iTunes' approach. If you're still having the problem, create a ticket with a debug trace as described in that post.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
journeyman58
It's about the journey
journeyman58 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/iPhone
Re: Error Connecting to Device: iTunes 10

Thank you for the quick reply. I had already walked through that thread and configured my settings to match so went ahead and just ran the debug capture and it is attached.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt calibre.txt (22.5 KB, 317 views)
journeyman58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Please follow up on the ticket you created. I've posted a reply with more questions for you there.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote