Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
It's huge.

Everyone at work here agrees: That's a real burger It's a pity it has those thin "french fries" rather than nice thick chips.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
It's huge.
Personally, I prefer my salad bar on the side with a bison burger.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #18
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
I don't eat at the chain fast food places very often, but US$4 would probably only get you the burger in Canada.
For some reason, food seems to be rather expensive in Canada. That includes restaurants and grocers.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #19
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Somebody please explain the eggs and beetroot to me? Are the eggs a common thing on a burger? Are the beets at least pickled or something? Why does any of this surprise/concern me considering I'm aware of the existence of Vegamite?
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Somebody please explain the eggs and beetroot to me? Are the eggs a common thing on a burger? Are the beets at least pickled or something? Why does any of this surprise/concern me considering I'm aware of the existence of Vegamite?
Until Maccas and similar turned up, a burger in Australia had the beef patty with tomato, lettuce, onion and beetroot. The sauce was a choice of tomato or BBQ. Everything but the beetroot was fresh. This usually come sliced out of a can. I assume it is boiled before canning. The onion was slice and cooked with the meat. The influence of the imported chains means that beetroot is not as common now.

Eggs are common as an extra. They are fried next to the beef. If it is cooked properly, the yoke will be nice and gooey.

My burger today was from a new place to me. Not bad, but they forgot the beetroot. I'll remember next time.

As to Vegemite, I don't like it. I've learnt to tolerate it because my wife and kids do. Luckily, I can get away with this as I was born here. But it is part of the citizenship test for anyone moving here
Old 03-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #21
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
I don't eat at the chain fast food places very often, but US$4 would probably only get you the burger in Canada.
I found that fast food in the UK seemed more expensive than in NZ, but that wasn't taking into account the difference in the average wage which might bring things back into line.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #22
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We here in New Zealand seem to have inherited the beetroot and eggs on burgers that is common in Australia, so maybe it's more of a South Pacific thing.

Don't like Vegemite, prefer Marmite if I have to eat it (which isn't often). We've just been through a Marmite shortage because the single factory in the country that makes the stuff was damaged by the Christchurch earthquakes and they've only just completed their rebuild. They tried importing from Australia, South Africa and the UK but people didn't like the overseas varieties.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:57 AM   #23
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Generally, adding a egg to something makes it 'Australian'; Dominos Australian Pizza has an egg on it. I think it is sorta fried, but it's hard to tell by the time Dominos gets done with it.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #24
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Honestly, the soft yolked egg sounds like it'd be pretty good on the original US version Big Mac or the like. I certainly like them on a steak breakfast sandwich now and then. But, I can't quite imagine the cooked beets on a burger. Are they an Aussie staple food or crop? For some reason, I always think Russian when I think beets. Must be the borscht thing. Are they just cooked, or pickled? Pickled might get me to try them. Gotta have pickled something on a burger -as long as it's not pickled herring...
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

A properly cooked egg would almost make a Big Mac edible. Though I don't know if I've ever eaten a Big Mac. When I'm forced to eat at Maccas (travelling to the parents when my kids were younger), I usually eat whatever special they have. But a steak sandwich with an egg is definitely something I will eat.

As to beetroot, it is common here for salads and burgers, but people either love it or hate it. I know some people who like it, but don't eat it much because if you drop some one a white shirt, you may as well buy a new shirt. They aren't picked, just cooked and canned. The can I have shows the ingredients as beetroot, water and a little sugar. http://www.goldencircle.com.au/Produ...liced-Beetroot is what I am talking about.

As to pickled anything on a burger, no thanks.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #26
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As to pickled anything on a burger, no thanks.
Other than, of course, pickles...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #27
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
just looking to see if there are any easter themed books

searched for easter and it changes to a suggestion of bdsm
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #28
moffattm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
just looking to see if there are any easter themed books

searched for easter and it changes to a suggestion of bdsm
Easter = BDSM? Maybe Kobo is equating Easter with people being tied or nailed to bits of wood and then being beaten, etc?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #29
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
Quote:
Honestly, the soft yolked egg sounds like it'd be pretty good on the original US version Big Mac or the like. I certainly like them on a steak breakfast sandwich now and then. But, I can't quite imagine the cooked beets on a burger. Are they an Aussie staple food or crop? For some reason, I always think Russian when I think beets. Must be the borscht thing. Are they just cooked, or pickled? Pickled might get me to try them. Gotta have pickled something on a burger -as long as it's not pickled herring...
Lol, I was just going to chip in with pickled beetroot on pickled herring makes for a really pukka sarnie. Beats a burger any day
DomesticExtremis is offline   Reply With Quote