Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #346
luvydovie40
luvydovie40 doesn't litterluvydovie40 doesn't litterluvydovie40 doesn't litter

Device: NookColor & Sony 505 & Kindle Paperwhite
Love this!! Thanks so much for your time and effort developing this - and especially for being generous enough to share it.

It's added so much value to my Paperwhite - that I won't be returning it now.

Thank You ixtab!!!
luvydovie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:59 AM   #347
6od9
6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
I run the collections manager on Kindle Touch 5.3.2 and gives error "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer."
What is the problem?

Last edited by 6od9; 01-14-2013 at 04:01 AM.
6od9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:30 AM   #348
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6od9 View Post
I run the collections manager on Kindle Touch 5.3.2 and gives error "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer."
What is the problem?
On top of the jailbreak, you also need the kindlet jailbreak and developer certificates. There is no jailbreak for 5.3.2 yet, but if you downgrade, you can then install old jailbreak and update to 5.3.2 and jb survives.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:30 AM   #349
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
What is the problem?
Your kindle is not registered??
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 AM   #350
6od9
6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
On top of the jailbreak, you also need the kindlet jailbreak and developer certificates. There is no jailbreak for 5.3.2 yet, but if you downgrade, you can then install old jailbreak and update to 5.3.2 and jb survives.
my previous firmware has installed (jailbreak, kindlet jailbreak, developer certificates) then i updated to 5.3.2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Your kindle is not registered??
is registered!

If I understand correctly, need to install a kindlet jailbreak and developer certificates?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #351
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
my previous firmware has installed (jailbreak, kindlet jailbreak, developer certificates) then i updated to 5.3.2.

is registered!

If I understand correctly, need to install a kindlet jailbreak and developer certificates?
Yes, plus you need the newest 2.3.2 cm - get new version from first page.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #352
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@6od9: Reinstall the developer certificates. They have been wiped by the update.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #353
6od9

Quote:
Yes, plus you need the newest 2.3.2 cm - get new version from first page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
@6od9: Reinstall the developer certificates. They have been wiped by the update.
I installed kindlet jailbreak and developer certificates and Collections Manager works, thanks for help!

p.s. maybe someone knows if it is possible to install Russian keyboard on KT 5.3.2?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #354
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
No Search bar, weird selection issues kindle touch

Hi,

i hope you can help me.

when i start collections manager i have no search bar and when i select the menu after ticking or unticking the selections they no longer change on the next press.

i was running collections manager fine, before i updated to 5.3.2 on my touch.

When i updated, i removed collections manager, jbpatch and the kindlet jailbreak.

after the update i reinstalled the kindlet jailbreak and jbpatch and this is when this issue became apparent.

at the moment i have kindlet jailbreak, jbpatch + the developer certificates bundle, but i can not get the collections manager to function correctly.

i have tried remove everything, apart from the jailbreak and reinstall but it makes no difference.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #355
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
I don't see in your post where you downloaded the most recent version of the Collections Manager.

Go to first post of this thread - try the version now posted.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #356
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
Hi,

i hope you can help me.

when i start collections manager i have no search bar and when i select the menu after ticking or unticking the selections they no longer change on the next press.
Search is not, and will not be, supported on Firmwares 5.3.x (see the notes in the first post). About the selection problem: sorry, I don't understand the problem description... For me, everything seems to work as it should. So please post a step-by-step guide to reproduce the problem, and also take a look at developer/CollectionsManager/work/crash.log to check if there is an exception or something in there.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #357
ixtab
(offline)

Version 2.3.3

Supports Paperwhite firmware 5.3.3; no other changes.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #358
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Supports Paperwhite firmware 5.3.3; no other changes.
When did 5.3.3 come out? Do I need be worried about the JB?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #359
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
When did 5.3.3 come out? Do I need be worried about the JB?
While you had your back turned today.
No, jailbreak survives the upgrade (nothing else does - its another complete image).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #360
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
While you had your back turned today.
No, jailbreak survives the upgrade (nothing else does - its another complete image).
Hey, I was sleeping, man's gotta sleep. Thanks a ton, will prevent the update until at least USB Network is confirmed to be able to install.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks