Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #376
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by askak
I don't understand anything
Hmm, now who does that remind me of…
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #377
adamselene
Enthusiast
adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Kindle 2
No USE_ALT_FONTS on Paperwhite

FYI, I just got my Paperwhite, and the USE_ALT_FONTS method does not appear to work (using the same files as on the Touch).
adamselene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #378
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamselene View Post
FYI, I just got my Paperwhite, and the USE_ALT_FONTS method does not appear to work (using the same files as on the Touch).
Yep, it doesn't. Thanks for confirmation.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #379
Cuithinien
Nothing Original
Cuithinien began at the beginning.

I was wondering, is there a way to enable ligatures using this hack? Thanks.
Cuithinien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:21 AM   #380
adamselene
Enthusiast
adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Yep, it doesn't. Thanks for confirmation.
Looks like it's back in 5.3.0, and less buggy as well. Try it!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #381
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamselene View Post
Looks like it's back in 5.3.0, and less buggy as well. Try it!
Thnaks! Good to know. Can you please post screenshots of font dialog with custom fonts? (Unfortunately, I don't own Paperwhite, so I can't do it by myself.)
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #382
adamselene
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thnaks! Good to know. Can you please post screenshots of font dialog with custom fonts? (Unfortunately, I don't own Paperwhite, so I can't do it by myself.)
Click:

Last edited by adamselene; 11-30-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #383
silverzhao
Enthusiast
silverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

It seems that the fontconfig in KT 5.1.2 doesn't synthetically embolden for fonts that do not have bold face available any more.

So now if I only have a font of type Regular, I'll have to create a bold one manually for it. This is so boring and time-consuming, in addition to occupying more root partition.

I've looked through the configuration files in /etc/fonts/conf.d but find nothing helpful.

Could you guys confirm this? Thanks!
silverzhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #384
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle
Dear ixtab,
I did anything as you asked. I installed suitable Jailbreak and Font Hack too. My Kindle's fw is 5.1.2.
However Kindle still ask me the Jailbreak. What will I do? Please help me! Thanks a lot.
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #385
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobudera View Post
Dear ixtab,
I did anything as you asked. I installed suitable Jailbreak and Font Hack too. My Kindle's fw is 5.1.2.
However Kindle still ask me the Jailbreak. What will I do? Please help me! Thanks a lot.
Well, you obviously didn't do everything that is required. Did you read the README? Did you follow the instructions? If not, did you wonder why the file is called README?

...I bet that it's complaining about the Kindlet Jailbreak. So... guess what: install the Kindlet Jailbreak.

Last edited by ixtab; 12-03-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: typo
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #386
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@silverzhao: Got the PM, but haven't looked at FC much on the K5, so, can't say much on the subject, sorry . (And I'm kind of swamped right now, so that doesn't help).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #387
Stino
Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
If file /mnt/us/USE_ALT_FONTS exists, KT uses fonts with families/typefaces:
  • alternate1, alternate2, alternate3 (for firmwares up to 5.1.0)
  • all found (except some stock) (for 5.1.0)
I don't know whether restart of whole framework is needed to handle this file (or it's abscence) or just restart of reader booklet is sufficient, but believe former is true.
Wow! This font hack even works on the new Kindle Paperwhite with firmware 5.3.0.
1.) just plug in the Kindle to your OS
2.) copy an empty file with name USE_ALT_FONTS to root directory of kindle (internally the root device is /mnt/us/)
3.) create an folder "fonts" (/mnt/us/fonts)
4.) copy your fonts to this folder (4 files for each font: Fontname-Regular.ttf, Fontname-Italic.ttf, Fontname-Bold.ttf and Fontname-BoldItalic.ttf)
5.) restart your Kindle and from now on you will see in the "Aa" menu of the standard reader app your own fonts as well

P.S. My Paperwhite is already jailbroken and so I don't know if the jailbreak is necessary for the font hack or not.
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #388
leonardo84
leonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with others

Can someone re-upload please? Link seems to be broken.
leonardo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #389
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo84 View Post
Can someone re-upload please? Link seems to be broken.
Which link?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #390
leonardo84
leonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Which link?
I just figured that my isp is blocking ge.tt links i dunno why, i managed to dl via proxy... Ty anyway.
leonardo84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks